Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera sucks on M8 GPe

Tip us?

djr83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radixtrator View Post
I actually made direct comparison phots between a GPE Camera and the Sense camera and the pictures were pretty much identical. The photos only seem a lot better in sense camera because the viewfinder shows better pictures. If you actually take them and look at them in the gallery, they are pretty much identical.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My personal opinion is that it's harder to get a good picture with GPe. Slower shutter, harder to focus etc. If everything gets right I assume both versions are able to make equally good pictures since it's the same hardware.

Radixtrator
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr83 View Post
My personal opinion is that it's harder to get a good picture with GPe. Slower shutter, harder to focus etc. If everything gets right I assume both versions are able to make equally good pictures since it's the same hardware.
I totally agree. The Google Camera App is complete Garbage. I would be SO happy, if someone figures out how to port the One plus One camera

djr83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radixtrator View Post
I totally agree. The Google Camera App is complete Garbage. I would be SO happy, if someone figures out how to port the One plus One camera

I would be happy with the HTC camera. I think.

Radixtrator
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr83 View Post
I would be happy with the HTC camera. I think.
I'm pretty sure though the opo app and will be a lot easier seeing its a native CM app. Sense camera is a hell of a lot of work