Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 44,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What is covering my front camera lens?

Tip us?
 
bogdan2603
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Question [Q] What is covering my front camera lens?

Hi everyone. Today, I noticed that something is covering my front camera lens.

Do you know what is that piece covering the camera? Anyone encounter this situation?

I didn't drop my phone not even once and I tried to smack the top of the phone to see if it moves, but no luck.

P.S. The camera is able to take pictures normally.

I have a SM-N9005.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140510_094834.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	2735637  
 
nicholaschum
Old
#2  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 898
Posts: 1,298
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hong Kong (Toronto, ON)

 
DONATE TO ME
Go exchange it... Looks like a faulty device. It could be a piece of electrical tape in the wrong position.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Problem with ROMs? Try this. Still no? Ask me on Google+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM/Downgradable and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Phone: Note 3 - Rogers SM-N900W8
C-RoM v7.1, Temasek v3.76, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 Modem, KNOX 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)
PA 4.2 Beta 2, TWRP 2.7, Multiboot - UbTouch, Ub13.10, PA, CM11

Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II


 
*boy*racer*
Old
#3  
*boy*racer*'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 407
Posts: 1,216
Join Date: Jan 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan2603 View Post
Hi everyone. Today, I noticed that something is covering my front camera lens.

Do you know what is that piece covering the camera? Anyone encounter this situation?

I didn't drop my phone not even once and I tried to smack the top of the phone to see if it moves, but no luck.

P.S. The camera is able to take pictures normally.

I have a SM-N9005.

Thanks
I have the exact same problem. Although mine is worse and i cant take pictures normally. Did you managed to solve this
 
HanZie82
Old
#4  
HanZie82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 225
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 2nd floor still under sea-level.

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan2603 View Post
Hi everyone. Today, I noticed that something is covering my front camera lens.

Do you know what is that piece covering the camera? Anyone encounter this situation?

I didn't drop my phone not even once and I tried to smack the top of the phone to see if it moves, but no luck.

P.S. The camera is able to take pictures normally.

I have a SM-N9005.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by *boy*racer* View Post
I have the exact same problem. Although mine is worse and i cant take pictures normally. Did you managed to solve this
Looks like some sort of cover for the camera.
Maybe this site can help understand: http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsu...Teardown/19209
But i think @nicholaschum 's solution will work best.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9005) - Stock rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7inch (T210) - Inspire v2.5 rooted

HTC Desire HD running CyanogenMod 10.1 (Radio: 12.69.60.29_26.17.14.11_M) Sold


Home (fibre optics) Mobile (4G)
The Following User Says Thank You to HanZie82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
*boy*racer*
Old
#5  
*boy*racer*'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 407
Posts: 1,216
Join Date: Jan 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanZie82 View Post
Looks like some sort of cover for the camera.
Maybe this site can help understand: http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsu...Teardown/19209
But i think @nicholaschum 's solution will work best.
Hey you were right. Soon as i posted my issue, i thought i would watch a dismantle video and presto! It was a round rubber like washer that has slipped from around the camera.

All sorted now
The Following User Says Thank You to *boy*racer* For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes