Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,752 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lockscreen toggle KitKat

Tip us?

dmxl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan View Post
if you don't like the icons of that statusbar mod than decompile the systemui and change the icons with yours

if you can't find mod than i have already give you the name 25 toggle mod
Hi. It's not that I'm bothered by the icons. It's just seems to come with a whole lot of other mods, as far as I can see. Or am I missing something?

Nothing personal, but I wonder why I seem to be one of the few who is looking for such a toggle . It seems such an obvious need? Haha.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

meatboy371
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Try xposed and gravitybox module.

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk
| Nexus 4 | SlimKat | hells-Core |

"Take your time to read the OP before asking anything..."
The Following User Says Thank You to meatboy371 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dmxl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatboy371 View Post
Try xposed and gravitybox module.
Thanks very much, but what does it exactly do? Regarding the lockscreen, the developer says a few things:
- Lockscreen targets
- Lockscreen tweaks, regarding theming.
- Lockscreen rotation

It does not say anything about a "toggle" to switch it easily on or off. It also needs a framework to be installed, and a lot of other tweaks/mods come with the module, that I'm not sure I would like...Plus, I read in that forum, that the lockscreen features are not working.

Anyway, it's 2014, there's not any solution anymore to just have a widget or something for it? Like with previous android versions?
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

meatboy371
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxl View Post
Thanks very much, but what does it exactly do? Regarding the lockscreen, the developer says a few things:
- Lockscreen targets
- Lockscreen tweaks, regarding theming.
- Lockscreen rotation

It does not say anything about a "toggle" to switch it easily on or off. It also needs a framework to be installed, and a lot of other tweaks/mods come with the module, that I'm not sure I would like...Plus, I read in that forum, that the lockscreen features are not working.

Anyway, it's 2014, there's not any solution anymore to just have a widget or something for it? Like with previous android versions?
Gravitybox will allow you to add/organize/customize the quicksettings tiles (like the lidroid from the other post), including a lockscreen toggle. There's lots of other tweaks too, but you don't need to use them if don't want. And yes, you'll need to install xposed framework, but it's easy, there's and app for it (xposed installer). If you're interested, search for xposed or gravitybox threads.

But you just want a homescreen widget/toggle, right? Google "no lock widget".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
| Nexus 4 | SlimKat | hells-Core |

"Take your time to read the OP before asking anything..."

dmxl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatboy371 View Post
Gravitybox will allow you to add/organize/customize the quicksettings tiles (like the lidroid from the other post), including a lockscreen toggle. There's lots of other tweaks too, but you don't need to use them if don't want. And yes, you'll need to install xposed framework, but it's easy, there's and app for it (xposed installer). If you're interested, search for xposed or gravitybox threads.

But you just want a homescreen widget/toggle, right? Google "no lock widget".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks. I just generally just don't like installing all kinds of extras, even if I don't use them. A policy that kept my hardware running very smooth, where others suffer from sluggishness.
I am more looking for a widget then, yes. The one you mentioned unfortunately doesn't seem to work... I'll keep looking .
Samsung Galaxy Note 2