Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G2 vs flashaholics

Tip us?

ossito2012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default LG G2 vs flashaholics

As good as the G2 is (I have D800) it really sucks in a major area, that most of us come to XDA for, flashing tons of custom roms. I switched from the iphone 3gs about 4 years ago to a Galaxy SkyRocket and got hooked. The SkyRocket was not even that popular of a phone being sold by only one carrier and the amount different ROMS I had a choice of was insane. And Xposed framework was not even out yet, and if you look at the forum for the SGH-I727, it is still going strong, stronger than the G2 for that matter. Hell if I could have put multi-rom or Ubuntu on my SkyRocket, I would still use it. The G2 is rated as best phone of 2013 and carried on several carriers and it is downright boring in flash land, I am actually tempted to look at the iPhone 6 (not really), though I will definitely bail on this G2 and scoop up the Nexus 6 as soon as I can preorder. I wonder if anyone from LG ever creeps through the xda forums, they would probably be able to correlate one phone companies high sales directly to how easy the phone is to play with, just saying. For right now my flashing habit is kept in check by flashing roms to my SkyRocket even though I am not using it, pretty sad.

bones420la
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Ive actually been satisfied with the g2. Hopefully youve seen the main g2 dev and original dev areas on xda. I came from the lg spectrum. It has less its whole lifespan than the g2 had its first month.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
samsung omnia i910>htc libra>htc tytn II>htc rhodium>samsung i760>htc eris>samsung fascinate>lg spectrum>samsung precedent>htc vivid>htc amaze
The Following User Says Thank You to bones420la For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tremulant1
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossito2012 View Post
As good as the G2 is (I have D800) it really sucks in a major area, that most of us come to XDA for, flashing tons of custom roms. I switched from the iphone 3gs about 4 years ago to a Galaxy SkyRocket and got hooked. The SkyRocket was not even that popular of a phone being sold by only one carrier and the amount different ROMS I had a choice of was insane. And Xposed framework was not even out yet, and if you look at the forum for the SGH-I727, it is still going strong, stronger than the G2 for that matter. Hell if I could have put multi-rom or Ubuntu on my SkyRocket, I would still use it. The G2 is rated as best phone of 2013 and carried on several carriers and it is downright boring in flash land, I am actually tempted to look at the iPhone 6 (not really), though I will definitely bail on this G2 and scoop up the Nexus 6 as soon as I can preorder. I wonder if anyone from LG ever creeps through the xda forums, they would probably be able to correlate one phone companies high sales directly to how easy the phone is to play with, just saying. For right now my flashing habit is kept in check by flashing roms to my SkyRocket even though I am not using it, pretty sad.
Just like the previous post...if you're looking to flash...look in here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/development this has a bunch of ROMs that are for most variants of the G2. If you're just looking in the AT&T section...its extremely limited.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tremulant1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ossito2012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremulant1 View Post
Just like the previous post...if you're looking to flash...look in here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/development this has a bunch of ROMs that are for most variants of the G2. If you're just looking in the AT&T section...its extremely limited.
The dev section is pretty good, I have flashed a lot of ROMS not in the At&t thread, I should add that I understand that nobody has to make a rom for us to flash but other than stock (G2, Flex, G Pro 2) based roms our phone is hurting. CM/AOSP based roms have been struggling to get past some of the LG related issues auto-rotate, bluetooth, file transfer, audio, you name it. I will say that Kernel development is pretty kick ass.

optimusv45
Old
Thanks Meter 108
I looked in the g2 development section . there are actually quite a lot of development going on for this phone. It makes sense for them to post there and make roms that aim for all variants

CrashTestDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 815
I wonder if it's the locked bootloaders that relegate certain phones like the G2 to second-class status. Or maybe it's the Nexus 5 in this case.
Now building: BeanStalk for OnePlus One