LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LG G2 vs flashaholics

OP ossito2012

24th April 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rogers Park
Thanks Meter: 83

334 posts
More
As good as the G2 is (I have D800) it really sucks in a major area, that most of us come to XDA for, flashing tons of custom roms. I switched from the iphone 3gs about 4 years ago to a Galaxy SkyRocket and got hooked. The SkyRocket was not even that popular of a phone being sold by only one carrier and the amount different ROMS I had a choice of was insane. And Xposed framework was not even out yet, and if you look at the forum for the SGH-I727, it is still going strong, stronger than the G2 for that matter. Hell if I could have put multi-rom or Ubuntu on my SkyRocket, I would still use it. The G2 is rated as best phone of 2013 and carried on several carriers and it is downright boring in flash land, I am actually tempted to look at the iPhone 6 (not really), though I will definitely bail on this G2 and scoop up the Nexus 6 as soon as I can preorder. I wonder if anyone from LG ever creeps through the xda forums, they would probably be able to correlate one phone companies high sales directly to how easy the phone is to play with, just saying. For right now my flashing habit is kept in check by flashing roms to my SkyRocket even though I am not using it, pretty sad.
24th April 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag wilmington nc
Thanks Meter: 36

219 posts
More
Ive actually been satisfied with the g2. Hopefully youve seen the main g2 dev and original dev areas on xda. I came from the lg spectrum. It has less its whole lifespan than the g2 had its first month.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bones420la For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 26

133 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossito2012

As good as the G2 is (I have D800) it really sucks in a major area, that most of us come to XDA for, flashing tons of custom roms. I switched from the iphone 3gs about 4 years ago to a Galaxy SkyRocket and got hooked. The SkyRocket was not even that popular of a phone being sold by only one carrier and the amount different ROMS I had a choice of was insane. And Xposed framework was not even out yet, and if you look at the forum for the SGH-I727, it is still going strong, stronger than the G2 for that matter. Hell if I could have put multi-rom or Ubuntu on my SkyRocket, I would still use it. The G2 is rated as best phone of 2013 and carried on several carriers and it is downright boring in flash land, I am actually tempted to look at the iPhone 6 (not really), though I will definitely bail on this G2 and scoop up the Nexus 6 as soon as I can preorder. I wonder if anyone from LG ever creeps through the xda forums, they would probably be able to correlate one phone companies high sales directly to how easy the phone is to play with, just saying. For right now my flashing habit is kept in check by flashing roms to my SkyRocket even though I am not using it, pretty sad.

Just like the previous post...if you're looking to flash...look in here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/development this has a bunch of ROMs that are for most variants of the G2. If you're just looking in the AT&T section...its extremely limited.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tremulant1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rogers Park
Thanks Meter: 83

334 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremulant1

Just like the previous post...if you're looking to flash...look in here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/development this has a bunch of ROMs that are for most variants of the G2. If you're just looking in the AT&T section...its extremely limited.

The dev section is pretty good, I have flashed a lot of ROMS not in the At&t thread, I should add that I understand that nobody has to make a rom for us to flash but other than stock (G2, Flex, G Pro 2) based roms our phone is hurting. CM/AOSP based roms have been struggling to get past some of the LG related issues auto-rotate, bluetooth, file transfer, audio, you name it. I will say that Kernel development is pretty kick ass.
2nd May 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #5  
Huntington, WV
Thanks Meter: 239

1,058 posts
More
I looked in the g2 development section . there are actually quite a lot of development going on for this phone. It makes sense for them to post there and make roms that aim for all variants
27th May 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 855

656 posts
More
I wonder if it's the locked bootloaders that relegate certain phones like the G2 to second-class status. Or maybe it's the Nexus 5 in this case.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread