Greetings

27th May 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 37

461 posts
More
Hello all. I work at a t-mobile store here, in NC, and yesterday someone traded in a bootlooping nexus one. I was given the phone to do with as I please. After reading a bit, I think I please to root it, install a rom and see how it compares to the exhibit 4g I just left behind. There are certainly more available roms. Any advice you can give a noob would be appreciated.

Update: The phone is alive! Just unlocking it was enough to resurrect it from the dead. I now have to flash on a recovery, as the .img file I tried putting on isn't being read. I need to check the md5 codes, etc. I will also try to dl another copy. Regardless, I'm a little closer to rooting the phone and trying out some of that KK bliss I've been reading about.

Update #2: Alas, all is not peaches and cream. The phone will work, although I have yet to install a sim card and verify I can make calls, but it doesn't seem to want to install a recovery, which is the first step to rooting the phone. When I try to flash a custom recovery, I get the error: "remote: image update error" In my searches, I have found many mentions of this error (often associated with soft-brick fears), but no real solutions. Does anyone here have any experience with this error and potential ways around it? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using xda premium
Last edited by Proud2banoob; 29th May 2014 at 05:17 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread