TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ota update and viper 2.0 rom?

OP Dayliter

14th May 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 98

879 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayliter

yes i am s-off and got TWRP 2.7(VERIZON HTC one max--- guess i ant in on big hurry i dont even no what atvanatages the ota have over what i already got

Just an updated radio and hboot are the only difference. Who is your provider so I can link you to the correct its firmware.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th May 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
More
Tablet Verizon-htc one max
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0

Just an updated radio and hboot are the only difference. Who is your provider so I can link you to the correct its firmware.

VERIZON
15th May 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #13  

879 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

VERIZON

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=129

The Following User Says Thank You to thayl0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #14  
OP Member

43 posts
More
boot.img
do i have to use a stock Rom or just go with the viper thats on my phone now)-----or will i have to unlock- root it again

how do i pull the boot.img from the ROM.zip that i am running --
(so please pull the boot.img from the ROM.zip that you're running, and put the boot.img ect.

dont see these answered in the forms tho i am still lookin (i want to get my Ducks in a Row Before i have a go at it)
16th May 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #15  

879 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

do i have to use a stock Rom or just go with the viper thats on my phone now)-----or will i have to unlock- root it again

how do i pull the boot.img from the ROM.zip that i am running --
(so please pull the boot.img from the ROM.zip that you're running, and put the boot.img ect.

dont see these answered in the forms tho i am still lookin (i want to get my Ducks in a Row Before i have a go at it)

The boot.img is located in the vipe zip folder you download that has your rom.zip
Is that what you were asking?

It might just be easier for you to backup your data. And just flash either a stock rom or RUU and it will update itself.
17th May 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #16  
OP Member

43 posts
More
i used RUU and got bootloop now i finaly got it to boot up in to bootloader but when i try to go to recovery it just bootloops Can anyone point me to
the rite direction(verizon htc one max) bootloader says unlocked -s-off -Hboot2.49 Radio 1.36.680122
17th May 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #17  
OP Member

43 posts
More
Tablet restored
Quote:

i used RUU and got bootloop now i finaly got it to boot up in to bootloader but when i try to go to recovery it just bootloops Can anyone point me to
the rite direction(verizon htc one max) bootloader says unlocked -s-off -Hboot2.49 Radio 1.36.680122

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Never mind i kelp tinkering till TWRP some how booted up and restored to a backup. Thank GOODNESS
27th May 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #18  
OP Member

43 posts
More
Before i use verizon RU should i 1st flash( Stock_Rooted_VZW_2.16.605.2.zip) in place or my viper 1.0.1--
-I dont have my origanl stock or recovery---i am tryin to get the OTA 4.4.2 still-I had problems when i tryed with viper
also should my bootloader be locked or unlocked
Thanks
Last edited by Dayliter; 27th May 2014 at 11:25 PM. Reason: left out

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread