Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is an unlocked-bootloader valuable?

Tip us?
 
fireshot91
Old
#1  
fireshot91's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 161
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Is an unlocked-bootloader valuable?

I have an AT&T S4 with an unlocked bootloader. However, I want a new device. I was just wondering if my device would be useful to any developers on this forum.


It currently runs 4.2.2, with I337UCUAMDB
Kernel version: 3.4.0-440216
Moto Razr -> Moto Q ->iPhone 2G -> iPhone 3GS -> Samsung Captivate -> Blackberry Bold-> Samsung Captivate ->iPhone 3GS -> Moto Q -> Galaxy S2 -> iPhone 4 -> HTC Titan -> Galaxy Note -> Galaxy S4 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy S4 -> iPhone 4
 
jd1639
Old
#2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3074
Posts: 9,120
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshot91 View Post
I have an AT&T S4 with an unlocked bootloader. However, I want a new device. I was just wondering if my device would be useful to any developers on this forum.


It currently runs 4.2.2, with I337UCUAMDB
Kernel version: 3.4.0-440216
First, there is no unlocked bootloader on the i337. Just and exploit that gets around the locked bootloader. MDB allows that exploit. There are enough developers here who have not updated their firmware that your device is probably not worth any extra to them.
 
netomel
Old
#3  
netomel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 434
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshot91 View Post
I have an AT&T S4 with an unlocked bootloader. However, I want a new device. I was just wondering if my device would be useful to any developers on this forum.


It currently runs 4.2.2, with I337UCUAMDB
Kernel version: 3.4.0-440216
If you are selling it try swappa.com and point out your build that it's a big advantage to those who love flash custom roms.. it will be very valuable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
fireshot91
Old
#4  
fireshot91's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 161
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
First, there is no unlocked bootloader on the i337. Just and exploit that gets around the locked bootloader. MDB allows that exploit. There are enough developers here who have not updated their firmware that your device is probably not worth any extra to them.
Sorry, I didn't mean my device, but I meant a dump of my firmware. But if enough people have it, nevermind then.


Quote:
Originally Posted by netomel View Post
If you are selling it try swappa.com and point out your build that it's a big advantage to those who love flash custom roms.. it will be very valuable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'll try Swappa, since i'm getting very lowball offers on CL.

Thanks.
Moto Razr -> Moto Q ->iPhone 2G -> iPhone 3GS -> Samsung Captivate -> Blackberry Bold-> Samsung Captivate ->iPhone 3GS -> Moto Q -> Galaxy S2 -> iPhone 4 -> HTC Titan -> Galaxy Note -> Galaxy S4 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy S4 -> iPhone 4
 
netomel
Old
#5  
netomel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 434
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshot91 View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean my device, but I meant a dump of my firmware. But if enough people have it, nevermind then.





I'll try Swappa, since i'm getting very lowball offers on CL.

Thanks.
Thanks for your intentions but bootloader locked phones can't use any lower kernel roms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes