Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Noob with some questions

Tip us?

Blindprophet32
Old
(Last edited by Blindprophet32; 27th May 2014 at 06:41 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Noob with some questions

Hey there everyone. I'm not new to Android but I am new to wanting to Root my device. I switched over to the dark side for about 6 months and had to get away so I traded my iphone 5c(junk) for an S4 on Verizon network. The issue at hand is that the previous owner who happened to work for Verizon updated the damn thing religiously. It's currently running 4.4.2 on the FNC5 band. From what I'm gathering there isn't a way to currently root this build? I've seen a tutorial on downgrading back to I believe MK2 which is 4.2.2?? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I may have to try that method if at all possible. Or should I just wait.. and suffer with an un-rooted S4.... or just trade for an HTC one... lol

Thanks everyone and don't hurt me too much... I honestly have been trying to learn the past 2-3 days and have been slightly confused.. but it seems to be making more sense with Rooting and installing ROM's.

Blindprophet32
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
By the way...in Odin mode... the knox kernel lock says 0X0 as well as the knox warranty void.... odes this mean I can root the device normally!?!?!

qtwrk
Old
Thanks Meter 805
Wait a minute, what is your model?
International or Verizon?

If you have Verizon s4, then you are in wrong section, go Verizon S4 section, you will get more help there.

For the information on the i9505 , which is very similar to Verizon s4, you can root on 4.4.2 but you will trigger the KNOX as the flag will set to 0x1, which means lost warranty
if my words are useful or helpful to you , i will appreciate it you click thanks button
GT-i9023 Nexus S
GT-i9250 Galaxy Nexus
GT-i9300 Galaxy S III
GT-s5830 Galaxy Ace
GT-i9300 Galaxy S III
GT-i9506 Galaxy S IV 4G+
GT-i9505 Galaxy S IV (current)