Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 46,662 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why do the US models take so long to release?

Tip us?

DiamondJay20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Default Why do the US models take so long to release?

Anyone know why these phones take forever to release in the US? How do the OEMs and carriers not plan for the antennas/radios? Or how much is the time it takes to develop the bloatware? I want to get the first 2K screen on a smartphone like I got the Atrix, the first dual core. We've seen this with the Galaxy phones, yet Apple doesn't do this as much. And thats their only good point (I hate Apple otherwise) but still.
Phones: Samsung N400->Kyocera 2345->Nokia 6225->Samsung M500->Samsung Sync->Samsung Blackjack->Blackjack II->Blackberry Curve 8300->Samsung Epix->Blackjack II->BB Bold 9000->BB Bold 9700->LG Phoenix->BB Torch 9800->HTC Inspire 4G->Motorola Atrix 4G->Motorola Photon->iPhone 4S->Motorola Photon->SPH-L710 Samsung Galaxy S3->Motorola Photon->SGH-T999 Samsung Galaxy S3->SGH-I747 Samsung Galaxy S3->D850 LG G3

Tablets: Toshiba Thrive->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1->Asus Nexus 7 2013

20degrees
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Verizon has to put logos on theirs. ATT likes to make people wait. Sprint is trying to raise money to get phones from LG. T-Mobile is waiting for enough supply from LG.

🙋
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 20degrees For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,433
carriers take their sweet time in modifying the stock firmware in a way that all the users will hate(adding bloat/dumb sponsor apps/making phone laggy/adding their carrier logos on phone,lockscreen,statusbar/and most important in the time it takes them to do these if a root method appears or a method to unlock bootloader appears they have time to patch it)