No registration required

[Q] Cleanest Moto G AOSP ROM?

OP PanchoPonceN

26th May 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hello, everyone!

Right now I'm running Tweaky One ROM without practically any mods, because I prefer to use the Xposed Framework to personalize my Android.

Now, I would really, really like to try the kernels available. But most of them are made only for AOSP ROMs. But I don't want to run CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android or any other modified AOSP ROM. I like Tweaky One ROM because how clean it is, but it based on stock ROM.

So, is there are a "clean" AOSP ROM for our Moto G?

Thanks for your help!
27th May 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 26

37 posts
Honestly, CyanogenMod is cleaner than the stock ROM. Also, CM+ART runtime= Win. (Art breaks xposed though)
27th May 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Rybnik/Kraków
Thanks Meter: 90

191 posts
Obviously the Google Play Edition variant of stock firmware IS and always will be the cleanest
27th May 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Thanks for the answers!

I like CM, but I really want to use some of the features on Gravity Box. And because both it and CM have features that overlap, I think it will be having more than I want on my cellphone.

And the strange thing with GPE is that the custom kernels won't work with it, as it seems to count as a "stock" ROM rather than a "AOSP" ROM.

Any other suggestions?
27th May 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 26

37 posts
You could use Faux123 kernel on stock
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBananaz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #6  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 6

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoPonceN

Hello, everyone!

Right now I'm running Tweaky One ROM without practically any mods, because I prefer to use the Xposed Framework to personalize my Android.

Now, I would really, really like to try the kernels available. But most of them are made only for AOSP ROMs. But I don't want to run CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android or any other modified AOSP ROM. I like Tweaky One ROM because how clean it is, but it based on stock ROM.

So, is there are a "clean" AOSP ROM for our Moto G?

Thanks for your help!

I've tried a lot of different custom roms and always come back to the stock with a custom kernel, it is the best imo
The Following User Says Thank You to 3RAN7ON For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread