Post Reply

[Q]When we need copy file/folder from original apk after modified?

28th May 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #1  
EpullSalvatrucha's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Muar, Johor
Thanks Meter: 15
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Sometime in mod guide.. we need to copy file/folder in original apk after modified... like androidmanifest.xml/classes.dex/etc.. so my question is when we need to copy it?
28th May 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #2  
marcussmith2626's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,417
 
4,462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
I only copy meta-inf and androidmanifest to the build folder (you need to compile the folder to get the build folder and then recompile again after placing files there) if im not resigning the apk
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #3  
EpullSalvatrucha's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Muar, Johor
Thanks Meter: 15
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

I only copy meta-inf and androidmanifest to the build folder (you need to compile the folder to get the build folder and then recompile again after placing files there) if im not resigning the apk

so you want to say that if copy meta-inf and androidmanifest to modded apk, we dont need sign apk.. that what you mean?
28th May 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #4  
marcussmith2626's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,417
 
4,462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpullSalvatrucha

so you want to say that if copy meta-inf and androidmanifest to modded apk, we dont need sign apk.. that what you mean?

you only have to resign an apk if you edit the adroidmanifest
28th May 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #5  
EpullSalvatrucha's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Muar, Johor
Thanks Meter: 15
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

you only have to resign an apk if you edit the adroidmanifest

But in this guide forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2018688 the additional instruction said copy classes.dex from original unmodified apk and paste it in modified apk.. when this step is necessary?
28th May 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #6  
marcussmith2626's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,417
 
4,462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpullSalvatrucha

But in this guide forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2018688 the additional instruction said copy classes.dex from original unmodified apk and paste it in modified apk.. when this step is necessary?

its not with apktool - iv never touched classes.dex

just resign the apk if it doesnt install
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Y GT-S5360 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank