Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] [ROM] CM 10.1(Android 4.2) for Atrix - I want a useless app list

OP Shadow 59

27th May 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hello all
I can't post on rom's thread,because i don't have permission.
What i want is a useless and safe to remove apps list in this rom
Because, when i delete what looks useless for me, the phone will cannot send txt messages.It shows a red triangle,and says "cannot send"
What file is responsible for that?
Please help
Thank you
27th May 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 362
 
1,058 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow 59

Hello all
I can't post on rom's thread,because i don't have permission.
What i want is a useless and safe to remove apps list in this rom
Because, when i delete what looks useless for me, the phone will cannot send txt messages.It shows a red triangle,and says "cannot send"
What file is responsible for that?
Please help
Thank you

This is in the wrong section, there is a q&a section, if you look closely.........




That's a very subjective matter, everyone has his/her own list. For me, this list includes


Almost all GApps, the 2 I left installed are the calendar and contacts sync.

The mail app

The camera

The web browser

FastDormancy

All Live wallpapers

Weather and news

The terminal app



As a general rule (actually, it's more like common sense) you investigate what an apk does before you remove it. And test the phone's behavior after you do. And, for the love of all good things, make a backup.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andresrivas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
...
I did what you suggested. Did a backup, and started deleting apps, 3 by 3, and restart after every deleting :
I deleted those, and the phone works ok. (i noted them fast)
System/ tts folder
Basic Dreams
Browser
Car home
Car home . . . .
CM Filemanager
CellBroadcastReceiver
DownloadProviderUI
email2
exchange2
Fast Dormancy
Fingerprint Sensor
Genie widget
google tts
holospiral
Live wallpapers
Live wallpaper picker
Magic smoke
Galaxy4.apk - have no idea what's that
LatinImeDictionaryPack
Noise field
Phase Beam
Phototable
PicoTTS
Video Editor
Voice Plus
Voice Dialler
STK.apk

So, anyone has an idea of what app causes the error "Could Not Send" ?
27th May 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 362
 
1,058 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow 59

I did what you suggested. Did a backup, and started deleting apps, 3 by 3, and restart after every deleting :
I deleted those, and the phone works ok. (i noted them fast)

[...]

So, anyone has an idea of what app causes the error "Could Not Send" ?

Of those, the one that rings a bell us cellbroadcastreceiver.

The galaxy4, afaik is a live wallpaper.

You could also check if your sms center number is correct and if you can make and receive phone calls


Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
27th May 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Thank you
thank you for answering me again
again,as i said, after i deleted those,the phone is working
i don't know what when deleted,causes errors...and i don't want to try again...i need the phone those days,no time for reflash,and reinstall apps
28th May 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 362
 
1,058 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow 59

thank you for answering me again
again,as i said, after i deleted those,the phone is working
i don't know what when deleted,causes errors...and i don't want to try again...i need the phone those days,no time for reflash,and reinstall apps

Oh, I missunderstund, now I see more clearly, glad the phone is working!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes