[Q] screen off during calls

OP drewopo77

27th May 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag nw indiana
Thanks Meter: 9

92 posts
More
trying to help a guy i work with, he has a verizon galaxy s5, i think he turned off the prox sensor because the screen now will not turn off when he takes a call and puts it up next to his ear, I looked though all the settings and didn;t see the option to turn it on or off in there like i have on my note 3. Does anyone have an idea where samsung hide that option in the settings, any help would be appreciated
thanks
drew
28th May 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 211

599 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewopo77

trying to help a guy i work with, he has a verizon galaxy s5, i think he turned off the prox sensor because the screen now will not turn off when he takes a call and puts it up next to his ear, I looked though all the settings and didn;t see the option to turn it on or off in there like i have on my note 3. Does anyone have an idea where samsung hide that option in the settings, any help would be appreciated
thanks
drew

I guess I thought this was normal behavior. This is news to me. Every other phone I've owned, when you put the phone up to your ear it turns off likely to conserve battery, and so the phone doesn't get too hot.
28th May 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag nw indiana
Thanks Meter: 9

92 posts
More
That is the normal behavior to turn off screen but I know there's a setting to make it so it'll stay on. At least there is on my note 3 and other phones I have had in the past. I just can't find it on his phone with the new layout of settings they did for the s5

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread