Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 46,598 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sm-n900 fully unlocked how?

Tip us?

estompek
Old
(Last edited by Jonny; 22nd May 2014 at 09:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry [Q] Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sm-n900 fully unlocked how?

Hi,

I just wanna know what happened to my phone. It is a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sm-n900 from Saudi Arabia, and brought back here in the Philippines still unaware of the region lock thingy and voila! yes it did....

i tried a custom ROM to unlock it and yes it did!...but if wifi is turned on it would be stuck on the "turning on" message. and another problem is that i ddnt backed up my efs files so it messed up my IMEI. Now my current IMEI was the same with the original but since it was rewritten it is not valid so I cant make a phone call or text message together with the wifi problem. so flashed the stock ROM back...and rooted it with odin and installed root explorer. i have read a thread here that if you delete the efs folder the os will give you a generic IMEI , unexpectedly my phone was fixed!...and on the lock screen it has two date and time one says roaming and another is home....but im using local sim not from the region where the phone was locked.....

I really dont know what happed??? can someone tell me?...what just i did? the phone is working the way it should i mean no problem at all!

but my IMEI was generic the one with and my sn is also changed

MystaMagoo
Old
(Last edited by Jonny; 22nd May 2014 at 09:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by estompek View Post
Hi,

I just wanna know what happened to my phone. It is a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sm-n900 from Saudi Arabia, and brought back here in the Philippines still unaware of the region lock thingy and voila! yes it did....

i tried a custom ROM to unlock it and yes it did!...but if wifi is turned on it would be stuck on the "turning on" message. and another problem is that i ddnt backed up my efs files so it messed up my IMEI. Now my current IMEI was the same with the original but since it was rewritten it is not valid so I cant make a phone call or text message together with the wifi problem. so flashed the stock ROM back...and rooted it with odin and installed root explorer. i have read a thread here that if you delete the efs folder the os will give you a generic IMEI , unexpectedly my phone was fixed!...and on the lock screen it has two date and time one says roaming and another is home....but im using local sim not from the region where the phone was locked.....

I really dont know what happed??? can someone tell me?...what just i did? the phone is working the way it should i mean no problem at all!

but my IMEI was generic the one with and my sn is also changed
there is a setting for lockscreen time where you can have 2 timezones,just go into the settings and turn it off.
SG Note 3

Stock JB 4.3

The Following User Says Thank You to MystaMagoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

estompek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystaMagoo View Post
there is a setting for lockscreen time where you can have 2 timezones,just go into the settings and turn it off.
ok sir thnx...so whats unclear to me is how did i fixed my phone?...i just deleted that efs file and then the phone just became normal...without the region lock...

RISHI RAJ
Old
(Last edited by RISHI RAJ; 22nd May 2014 at 06:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 106
Maybe u should remove ur imei from here

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rocastar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default lost my imei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystaMagoo View Post
I'm having the same issue but I took my AT&T Samsung galaxy note3 to an person on craigslist to unlock it "just unlock it" not change my imei number for I could use it with Metro Pcs. It works when it wants to I always have to turn it off and turn it on to get signal. It's a pain in the head. My question is you think I could recover my original imei number back? Your help is very appreciated LOTS!!! Thanks Sir....