Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 44,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request] Scrolling wallpaper

Tip us?

bhushan46
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djh816 View Post
Are you using the module from the xposed download screen? Also which launcher/rom are you on?

Edit: He's on a Samsung. Wanam does not work on our HTC.
yup I have note 2 gt 7100 with DN3 v4 rc2 .
thanks @djakrse, for info. [emoji4]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
hit thanks if i helped u.
or buy me a beer.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22
Old
Thanks Meter 57
I would love if someone could figure this out as well!

djakrse
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNsTeReNeRgY22 View Post
I would love if someone could figure this out as well!
For whatever reason, scrolling wallpaper still works with some launchers. I have it working with ADW EX and I've heard at least Go Launcher described as still working. I just don't like the way ADW scrolls wallpaper.

Does anyone understand why we have an issue? Is there some way that AOSP Android allows for scrolling, and this is not working in KitKat or Sense has broken it? I've read Nova used to have a force scrolling option that was removed. Does anyone still have it working on that older version? Why was that option removed?

djakrse
Old
Thanks Meter 23
For me, with Solo launcher, wallpaper scrolling doesn't work. Themer, it doesn't work, Go Launcher scrolling works fine. I even like the transition, which makes sense, as opposed to the way ADW transitions. What a stupid way to choose which launcher I will use.

I guess I don't care about icons and traditional themes, though I'm definitely impressed with Themer's abilities, it's just not what I'm looking for... Just scrolling wallpaper, please.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

djh816
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djakrse View Post
For me, with Solo launcher, wallpaper scrolling doesn't work. Themer, it doesn't work, Go Launcher scrolling works fine. I even like the transition, which makes sense, as opposed to the way ADW transitions. What a stupid way to choose which launcher I will use.

I guess I don't care about icons and traditional themes, though I'm definitely impressed with Themer's abilities, it's just not what I'm looking for... Just scrolling wallpaper, please.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Same feelings here for Nova. I love everything else about it. I continually try new CM nightlies but then miss the duo cam and IR features.

Edit: Oh and the main one, swipe to wake
Please press thanks if I helped you!

Androids:
HTC One M8 (VZW) - CM11 Nightlies
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 - CM11 Nightlies

djakrse
Old
(Last edited by djakrse; 21st May 2014 at 05:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 23
I'm going to update this post later. There's several live wallpaper apps that restore wallpaper scrolling. I think the one in using now is landscape wallpaper. It works completely and invisibly, as if scrolling was miraculously restored. I even like being able to auto-switch walls on unlock.

EDIT:
Landscape Wallpaper - PROS: Better settings than WC, IMO; gives you lockscreen wall control, "scrolling direction," "scrolling source" of simulated or launcher (method), elastic effects, and image quality.; if choose simulated scrolling source, has further scrolling effects! (almost won me over with this... if could add "border mode" option to infinite scroll wallpaper (visible edge/seam, not jump/scroll back), I'd donate/buy this) CONS: Maybe a PRO, scrolls wall behind app drawer, but can't disable this. Can't create "albums" to choose from; only single image or folder
Wallpaper Changer - PROS: can create albums from single file, folder, or individually selected images from multiple locations and switch between them at will!; simple and works well. CONS: settings seemed glitchy or quirky for me; can add, but apparently not remove individual images from albums!?
Scrolling Live Wallpaper - Pretty simple, it adds wallpaper scrolling and worked for me. I don't remember it being bad, but I hated that when I took a screenshot, it became obvious it lowered the resolution/quality of the wallpaper dramatically, probably for performance. I don't think it had an option to disable this. It also scrolled unnaturally, imo. I think it simulated the scrolling effect, but poorly.
Wallpaper Wizardrii - I'm pretty sure I read this will enable scrolling for launchers that don't support it. I didn't try it. Looks popular, but has tons of wallpaper wizard effects that I don't need or want.

TIP: If using stock lockscreen, and maybe regardless, along with 3rd party default homescreen -- set same live wallpaper as wallpaper in Blinkfeed or stock launcher (settings same, regardless of launcher). Annoying when choosing single or small set of images; after a reboot, I always had a non-chosen wallpaper load, then refresh with expected live wallpaper after homescreen loads.

Sent from my Tapatalk-abusing M8

shortstuff_mt
Old
Thanks Meter 50
The latest Nova beta that came out today has an option to force wallpaper scrolling that works great.

The Following User Says Thank You to shortstuff_mt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]