Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Does your Z2 have the same issue?
Yes 1 20.00%
No 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Paint chipping off issue

OP hpl912

28th May 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

110 posts
More
When I went to the shop for my Z2, a freshly opened (purple) one had several little paint chips around the phone at that line (refer to picture marked by the arrow) revealing underneath's silver color. We opened a second box, though not as severe and visible as the first one, there were also very slight paint chipping off around the same area.

Is this a common issue? does your Z2 has paint chipping off at the edge where it starts to be a mat color (refer to picture)? now i'm worried with just a few weeks use might eventually chip it off considering it can already chip off when it's brand new. Don't remember having this issue with the Z1's paint even after a half year of heavy use!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony-Xperia-Z-2_purple_4.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	2766815  
Last edited by hpl912; 28th May 2014 at 05:15 AM.
28th May 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 72

552 posts
It's most likely a manufacturing flaw. Not necessarily easily damaged. All phones have some tiny flaw usually. The s5 I had came with plastic molding sticking up in some spots making it looked scratched. But this phone is pretty perfect. I have one teeny tiny mark you speak of. And you can't see it unless you look for it

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread