Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Bricked over mistake, please help

28th May 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

42 posts
i hope i didnt break any forum rules by posting it here to receive more audience attention

my original post is at:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2765131

the content is:
i have a Japanese HTC One or HTL22. I tried to sim unlock it as shown in this URL.

Code:

adb push misc.img /
adb shell
# dd if=/misc.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19
# reboot

Upon writing this codes in cmd, i made a mistake: instead of /mmcblk0p19 I input /mmcblk0p1.
There was a message saying
Code:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1: write error: No space left on device
257+0 records in
257+0 records out
131072 bytes transferred in ...

So i think the misc.img is transferred into the device (though it said no space left). And now the device wont boot.

Please help. Thanks.

EDIT: The device is now unbootable, when plugged into USB is not recognized by computer and wont be charged.
Last edited by yauchildchew; 28th May 2014 at 04:38 AM.
28th May 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 418

1,730 posts
JTAG...
28th May 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Modville
Thanks Meter: 1,888

3,759 posts
More
You overwrote one of your secondary bootloader partitions. That partition is very small, which is why you ran out of space.

Can you get into the bootloader screen by hard resetting and holding vol-down? If so, you should be able to to fix it by reflashing your firmware.

If your phone is stuck in the black-screen-unresponsive state, you're pretty much done.

As you may understand now, manually writing to partitions the way you did is extremely risky. It should only be done by experienced devs/modders who understand what they're doing and can be very careful doing it. It's not for noobs who just want to unlock their phones.
28th May 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

JTAG...

thanks. it seems to be an extreme way to try to unbrick.
28th May 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iElvis

You overwrote one of your secondary bootloader partitions. That partition is very small, which is why you ran out of space.

Can you get into the bootloader screen by hard resetting and holding vol-down? If so, you should be able to to fix it by reflashing your firmware.

If your phone is stuck in the black-screen-unresponsive state, you're pretty much done.

As you may understand now, manually writing to partitions the way you did is extremely risky. It should only be done by experienced devs/modders who understand what they're doing and can be very careful doing it. It's not for noobs who just want to unlock their phones.

thanks, i think the phone is pretty much done then.
28th May 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #6  
Flag Halesowen
Thanks Meter: 343

1,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Why do you have this thread in about 4 different places.

Welcome to the world of paper weights. I think this thread should be made a sticky.

KIDS, DONT TRY THIS AT HOME.
28th May 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie280672

Why do you have this thread in about 4 different places.

Welcome to the world of paper weights. I think this thread should be made a sticky.

KIDS, DONT TRY THIS AT HOME.

really sorry for that. actually 3. i wanted to make it phone-specific and android general but made a mistake by making both in HTC section, after that I made one in android general section.

i tried to delete but seems no such option. any idea?
28th May 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #8  
Flag Halesowen
Thanks Meter: 343

1,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
No need to be sorry, sorry you lost your phone, there is an unbrick service thread at the bottom of this page, take a look and see if it can help.

Regarding the other threads , you will need to contact a site moderator to delete those.

I only said to make it a sticky as a lesson to all, I wasn't being funny.

The Following User Says Thank You to Seanie280672 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread