Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Want to root only M8

Tip us?

fclifton
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Want to root only M8

I have a new T-Mobile M8. My previous phones have been Samsung for a long time. I am familiar with rooting them. HTC is new to me. I would like to root my M8, but I don't care to unlock it unless that is required to root. And I want to be able to get back to stock if I need to. All I really want to do with root is to use FolderMount. I looked through the threads in this forum but didn't recognize anything that showed just how to root and get back. I may have missed it for sure. Anyway, if someone could point me in the correct direction, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

Frank

egcthree
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Follow the thread "[GUIDE] [T-Mobile] Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery, Root, S-Off"

Just dont do the S-off part. The stock images are on here or just save your own.
The Following User Says Thank You to egcthree For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fclifton
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by egcthree View Post
Follow the thread "[GUIDE] [T-Mobile] Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery, Root, S-Off"

Just dont do the S-off part. The stock images are on here or just save your own.
Thanks! Followed the instructions and now have root