FORUMS

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

[q] z1 warranty/bootloader help

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Brownman33, Junior Member on 27th May 2014, 03:07 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey everyone,
I have a problem.
Long story short, my phone decided to commit suicide.
It seems the battery doesn't want to hold a charge any more.
I guess I have to have it sent to Sony to get fixed or replaced (Does anyone know which it will be?)
I need to check if my bootloader is unlocked or not because of course I can't send it off unlocked.
Before it died, it was on official Kit Kat from Sony, which I put on with Sony Update Service because the phone was in a boot-loop which I couldn't Flashtool out of.
Would the SUS have re-locked the bootloader and unrooted it completely?
Is there some way to check the status in my position?

Thanks
 
 
27th May 2014, 03:11 PM |#2  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,213
 
Donate to Me
More
It will only be relocked if you relocked it.

Flashing with sus or pccompanion will not work with an unlocked bootloader anyway

If it was unlocked, it will still be unlocked

does your phone turn on at all?
27th May 2014, 03:24 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

It will only be relocked if you relocked it.

Flashing with sus or pccompanion will not work with an unlocked bootloader anyway

If it was unlocked, it will still be unlocked

does your phone turn on at all?

Well before I flashed with SUS I was using TWRP, which I thought needed an unlocked bootloader, but am hoping I'm wrong.

Yes, but only for about a minute at most, after having it plugged into my PC for about 10 minutes I can boot into Android but then it'll just shut itself off again, it's constantly at 1% until it dies.
27th May 2014, 03:34 PM |#4  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,213
 
Donate to Me
More
You seem to not know what an unlocked bootloader is?

You do not need an unlocked bootloader to have root

Did you go trough the process of unlocking your bootloader through the sony website about unlocking the boot?

If not, then its not unlocked as you have never tried to unlock it.

If you can boot up the phone
dial *#*'7378423#*#* and goto service info / configuration. The last line will tell you the status of your boot.

Have you tried flashing the most recent 757 FTF using flashtool?
27th May 2014, 03:50 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

You seem to not know what an unlocked bootloader is?

You do not need an unlocked bootloader to have root

Did you go trough the process of unlocking your bootloader through the sony website about unlocking the boot?

If not, then its not unlocked as you have never tried to unlock it.

If you can boot up the phone
dial *#*'7378423#*#* and goto service info / configuration. The last line will tell you the status of your boot.

Have you tried flashing the most recent 757 FTF using flashtool?

I get confused sometimes my bad D:

I'll try that in the morning and let you know.

No software will detect the phone.
27th May 2014, 04:01 PM |#6  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,213
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownman33

Well before I flashed with SUS I was using TWRP, which I thought needed an unlocked bootloader, but am hoping I'm wrong.

Yes, but only for about a minute at most, after having it plugged into my PC for about 10 minutes I can boot into Android but then it'll just shut itself off again, it's constantly at 1% until it dies.

well, try plugging you phone into a wall charger for 24 hours.

If your battery is really bad a USB charger will not give it a decent charge
28th May 2014, 06:12 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

well, try plugging you phone into a wall charger for 24 hours.

If your battery is really bad a USB charger will not give it a decent charge

it says
Bootloader Unlock Allowed: Yes
28th May 2014, 07:05 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Then it's locked

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes