[Q] Need help with "[ODIN][TAR] VRUEMK2 Emergency and No-Wipe Odin tars"

Search This thread

montejw360

May 26, 2014
Working from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209

Started with a phone that had the OTA Kitkat update. Tryed this from Surge1223 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726868, didn't work. ended up downgrading (trying) to back MK2 and ended up with phone with no sound.

Came to the " [ODIN][TAR] VRUEMK2 Emergency and No-Wipe Odin tars" thread and tried that. Odin failed on the tar.md5 full wipe file "ALL_I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_1937946_REV06_user_low _ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5" as shown in the log below. Tried the pit file too "JFLTE_USA_VZW_16G.pit" just to get the phone to reboot.

At this point I just want a unrooted stock phone. Kitkat would be fine with me, wanted to root for some stuff, but it's not that important right now. Waited for the PASS in ODIN, phone boots fine, still no sound.

Looking for help, thanks.

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> ALL_I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_1937946_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/006> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/006> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/006> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/006> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/006> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/006> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/006> Removed!!

Last edited:

montejw360

May 26, 2014
You're using the mk2 tar not the nc5 tar, use nc5

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I linked to the wrong original thread. I was trying to get back to MK2. I corrected the title and link to the thread I was using.

The phone is now on MK2, but with no sound.

Surge1223 said "Flash the NC2 hlos for sound to work and use bypasslkm for wifi" in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726868, but I've not found a real clear (for me) description on how to do those. I was hoping to ODIN back to stock and get the sound back.

thanks.

Last edited:

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
KitKat OTA keeps failing. Most likely because of what I've already tried and failed to make work.

OTA won't work if you've got a phone with modified files. You've got to return to factory stock before an OTA.

If you're desperate, use the Verizon Recovery agent to wipe and re-flash. Plug your phone into your PC, then open the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant in the "Verizon Mobile" folder.

montejw360

May 26, 2014
OTA won't work if you've got a phone with modified files. You've got to return to factory stock before an OTA.

If you're desperate, use the Verizon Recovery agent to wipe and re-flash. Plug your phone into your PC, then open the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant in the "Verizon Mobile" folder.

Thanks. Went through this thread [ODIN][TAR] I545VRUFNC5 Factory and No-Wipe Odin tars and got the phone working again.

Tried the Verizon Software Upgrade program, but the links to it always took me to a blank page.

Where is the "Verizon Mobile" folder? On verizonwireless.com, or here on xda?

Ovreel

Dec 14, 2012

Can you go into some detail on this? How would the process go with this tool? And why is it a desperation move?

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Can you go into some detail on this? How would the process go with this tool? And why is it a desperation move?

It's a "desperation move" because it wipes everything on the phone, downloads a factory stock image, then flashes it. Basically, it's a emergency recovery tool that shouldn't be used if you care about what's on your phone.