[Q] Moto E, Is it possible to revert back iswarrantyvoid: yes to no

Search This thread

abhishekgahlot007

May 26, 2014
Hi,

Suddenly my external speaker is not working. I have to take it to customer care and afraid they will find out i have voided the warranty. Is it possible to change iswarrantyvoid: yes to no. I have already changed status code to 2 using stock rom and Device is locked.

Thanks

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
Hi,

Suddenly my external speaker is not working. I have to take it to customer care and afraid they will find out i have voided the warranty. Is it possible to change iswarrantyvoid: yes to no. I have already changed status code to 2 using stock rom and Device is locked.

Thanks

even i want to knw if u repair it in warranty then i'll go unlocking the bootloader..

The moment you request Unlock Code from Moto, your warranty is void(Unless you live in EU).They flag your IMEI and it is registered in the database.
Now, if you're lucky, the local customer care might help you (knowingly or unknowingly).

PS: That's the reason I'm gonna wait a few months before requesting a BL unlock.

As used in this Legal Agreement and Warning, the term "Unlocked Device" means a Device for which an Unlock Code has been obtained, regardless of whether such Device's bootloader has actually been unlocked, relocked or whether such Device's software or operating system has been modified or whether it's original, unmodified software or operating system has been reloaded. In other words, once a Device's Unlock Code has been released by Motorola to User, the Device shall thereafter, for all intents and purposes, be deemed to be an Unlocked Device, irrespective of whether it was, in fact, unlocked or modified.

Last edited:
G

g33kparineeti

Nope, impossible...:(
You had void your warranty when you unlocked the bootloader...
Unless you brought it from EU...

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
That should work. But Flipkart will send it for quality check to Moto service center and they won't pass it.

You can try though.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

5hubh4m

Jan 22, 2013
Varanasi
Once the Bootloader is unlocked, a fuse inside the device is irreparably blown making the device's warranty void forever. So, No, it is impossible to revert iswarrantyvoid:no to yes. Unless a dev could write a Bootloader which doesn't scan the fuse or whatever and always displays iswarrantyvoid:yes. But Alas, why would they?

P.S Read it on the internet somewhere, not sure, the Moto G XDA Forum probably.

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
Its called an eFuse. I'm not sure if Moto E and G also have those for BL. 'Cause if the efuse is blown, it wouldn't relock.Won't matter if you reflash your stock ROM.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

gaurav2009

Jun 14, 2011
I unlocked the bootloader then relocked and replaced the splashscreen of bootloader with moto and i returned it to flipkart,they gave my money back i got no problems :)

Reactions: simplyanin

Top Liked Posts