Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Touch Screen Not Working

OP rumthin

5th March 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 30

120 posts
More
I just received my Z1C and I've been having lots of touch screen problems.

When I get to the unlock screen, a lot of times nothing will register on the touch screen. I have to push the power button to turn the screen on and off to get the touch screen to register, and a lot of the time I have to turn the screen on and off more than once to get it to work.

Another issue I'm having is in the settings menu. The top portion of the screen doesn't register any touches. For example, when I tap on the Wifi settings, nothing happens. I have to pull down the screen like half a centimeter, then tapping Wifi will work. This is so frustrating...

Is there any way to fix this without rooting, unlocking bootloaders, or installing a custom rom?
5th March 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag So Paulo
Thanks Meter: 142

633 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumthin

I just received my Z1C and I've been having lots of touch screen problems.

When I get to the unlock screen, a lot of times nothing will register on the touch screen. I have to push the power button to turn the screen on and off to get the touch screen to register, and a lot of the time I have to turn the screen on and off more than once to get it to work.

Another issue I'm having is in the settings menu. The top portion of the screen doesn't register any touches. For example, when I tap on the Wifi settings, nothing happens. I have to pull down the screen like half a centimeter, then tapping Wifi will work. This is so frustrating...

Is there any way to fix this without rooting, unlocking bootloaders, or installing a custom rom?

already tried a hard reset ?
5th March 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 30

120 posts
More
Yes. I've done a factory reset, and nothing has changed. Nothing registers on the unlock screen when I touch it. I have to turn the screen on and off multiple times to get it to work.

I am using the free screen protector that came with the phone. I doubt that's the issue though.

This can't be normal. I'm thinking I just got a lemon...
6th March 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #4  
Flag So Paulo
Thanks Meter: 142

633 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumthin

Yes. I've done a factory reset, and nothing has changed. Nothing registers on the unlock screen when I touch it. I have to turn the screen on and off multiple times to get it to work.

I am using the free screen protector that came with the phone. I doubt that's the issue though.

This can't be normal. I'm thinking I just got a lemon...

if youre done a factory reset and the problem persist im pretty much sure its a hardware problem...

anyway, go to about -> diagnostic and make the touchscreen test.

any issues there?

if i were you, i would reinstall the firmware using SUS to be 100% sure its HW problem.
Last edited by profyler; 6th March 2014 at 02:08 AM.
6th March 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 4

9 posts
Already you try a hard reset. I think it is your harware problem. If you have a warranty you can go customer care. I am sure they solve your problems.
28th May 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Unhappy not working at all
Hi guys, my diplay is also down - broken - and i have a gesture lock on. I can not unlock the screen. How can I perform a hard reset without touching a display? I was searching whole internet for two days and nothing helped.
If I connect phone to the PC, it must be unlocked.

I need some files from internal storage :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread