Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Bricked over mistake, please help

OP yauchildchew

28th May 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
i hope i didnt break any forum rules by posting it here to receive more audience attention

my original post is at:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2765131

the content is:
i have a Japanese HTC One or HTL22. I tried to sim unlock it as shown in this URL.

Code:
adb push misc.img /
adb shell
# dd if=/misc.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19
# reboot
Upon writing this codes in cmd, i made a mistake: instead of /mmcblk0p19 I input /mmcblk0p1.
There was a message saying

Code:
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1: write error: No space left on device
257+0 records in
257+0 records out
131072 bytes transferred in ...
So i think the misc.img is transferred into the device (though it said no space left). And now the device wont boot.

Please help. Thanks.

The device is now unbootable, when plugged into USB is not recognized by computer and wont be charged.
28th May 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #2  
zeetherocker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 888
 
774 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yauchildchew

i hope i didnt break any forum rules by posting it here to receive more audience attention

my original post is at:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2765131

the content is:
i have a Japanese HTC One or HTL22. I tried to sim unlock it as shown in this URL.

Code:
adb push misc.img /
adb shell
# dd if=/misc.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19
# reboot
Upon writing this codes in cmd, i made a mistake: instead of /mmcblk0p19 I input /mmcblk0p1.
There was a message saying

Code:
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1: write error: No space left on device
257+0 records in
257+0 records out
131072 bytes transferred in ...
So i think the misc.img is transferred into the device (though it said no space left). And now the device wont boot.

Please help. Thanks.

The device is now unbootable, when plugged into USB is not recognized by computer and wont be charged.

Haven't used a HTC in a while...
Anyways is recovery installed..?
28th May 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeetherocker

Haven't used a HTC in a while...
Anyways is recovery installed..?

cwm is installed but the phone is unbootable, not even with vol down and power buttons.
28th May 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #4  
zeetherocker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 888
 
774 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yauchildchew

cwm is installed but the phone is unbootable, not even with vol down and power buttons.

Not even into the bootloader.?
28th May 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeetherocker

Not even into the bootloader.?

yeah, i think the phone is pretty much done...
28th May 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #6  
zeetherocker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 888
 
774 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yauchildchew

yeah, i think the phone is pretty much done...

I guess so... Just take it to a service Centre
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes