Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

After bug fix update 14.3.A.0.757

Tip us?

nalab1
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I just think that since 4.2.2 EVERY update has been complete c**p... The bluetooth has amongst other issues been rubbish...
Sony Xperia Z1 on Vodafone - on rooted .108
Nexus 7 - Stock, not rooted!

Rhadamg
Old
Thanks Meter 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckchan08 View Post
i just discovered a new "soundbug" in my z1. whenever i have answered a call, the next time people calling me or sms me, the ringtone/notification volume will be very low. the sound is still coming from the loudspeaker, not like the previous soundbug. it's just that the volume is becomes very low...
Holy Jesus, just noticed this bug on mine right NOW!

saintgein
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim207rc View Post
Big problem with proximity etc.
Have to hold my phone upside down and tilt it a little for navigation to keep it on track

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Are you left handed?

slim207rc
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintgein View Post
Are you left handed?
Nope!
But what's that got to do with it?

If I go on Google maps and use the navigation, even in its rack in the car, the whole thing is shifted, off track and upside down!

The calibration is just totally screwed up!

saintgein
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim207rc View Post
Nope!
But what's that got to do with it?

If I go on Google maps and use the navigation, even in its rack in the car, the whole thing is shifted, off track and upside down!

The calibration is just totally screwed up!

Well, i use the phone left handed, and i noticed that the proximity sensor goes behind my left ear pretty fast. Then the distance to the sensor is quite big, so the sensor doesn't turn off the screen until the screen goes to sleep and doesn't turn on again if i get the phone off my ear. This doesn't happen that much on the right ear. The sensor always keeps close distance since its on the other side.

The sensor you're talking about is the gyroscopic sensor. I don't have much trouble with that one.

saobang3886
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxien View Post
Anyone else having problems with Bluetooth being garbled and disconnecting? my family has 3 Rogers Sony Xperia z1s and they all have the problem since updating.
I use bluetooth 24/24 and connect with smartwatch 2 without any problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckchan08 View Post
i just discovered a new "soundbug" in my z1. whenever i have answered a call, the next time people calling me or sms me, the ringtone/notification volume will be very low. the sound is still coming from the loudspeaker, not like the previous soundbug. it's just that the volume is becomes very low...
I don't have this problem yet, all ringtone/notification sound seem fine for me

slim207rc
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintgein View Post
Well, i use the phone left handed, and i noticed that the proximity sensor goes behind my left ear pretty fast. Then the distance to the sensor is quite big, so the sensor doesn't turn off the screen until the screen goes to sleep and doesn't turn on again if i get the phone off my ear. This doesn't happen that much on the right ear. The sensor always keeps close distance since its on the other side.

The sensor you're talking about is the gyroscopic sensor. I don't have much trouble with that one.
Sorry man, you're right, it's the gyroscope!
My bad!
Had the problem with that on the Z aswell aus the z1 now! Since 4.2 it only works if I flip the phone upside down 👇 and tilt it a little to the ↩

Geoffxx
Old
Thanks Meter 49
dear oh dear

My phone has recently developed 2 new problems

I have a daily alarm set and now the screen remains blank when the alarm goes off - the only way I can cancel the alarm is to hit the reset button

Also I am now experiencing random reboots - I suspect it is linked to the recent Skype update as it seems to happen after I've made a Skype call - very early to come to that conclusion but I can't think of anything else I've done to trigger this issue - the only other thing updated was google Chrome which I don't use

Boy is this KK buggy - google should be ashamed

Noxien
Old
Thanks Meter 1
just downgraded from 4.4.2 to 4.3

The phone had really slowed down compared to 4.3
Tons of Bluetooth problems garbled audio, disconnects, Bluetooth actually turning it self off.
Strange battery drain issues

I had to use flashtool and go back to 4.2 using a rogers FTF, then upgrade to 4.3.

Since my phone was encrypted I lost everything and have to sync everything back up with google and copy everything over.

Not sure if I will be downgrading my girlfriends phone hers she has alot of custom settings I wouldn't want her to have to redo but she is always complaining about the Bluetooth also.

raziel123
Old
Thanks Meter 150
I have Zero bluetooth problems, and
and Zero proximity sensor problems
Latest device :HTC One M7 MaximusHD 42 Snapdragon 600

Kernel : ElementalX 16

settings 384 mhz to 1.7 ghz, On-Demand Governor, GPU throttling off, Run cool thermal setting

Old device : Galaxy S2 sold! Xperia S Sold! Xperia SP Sold! S3 I9305 sold! Xperia Z1 sold!