Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How should I start with cooking/editing Mediatek ROMs?

OP blakegriplingph

27th May 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #1  
blakegriplingph's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
I know this has been asked before, but can anyone guide me into cobbling up even a simple mod for Mediatek Android phone ROMs?
27th May 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 108
 
485 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakegriplingph

I know this has been asked before, but can anyone guide me into cobbling up even a simple mod for Mediatek Android phone ROMs?

have fun.

we already have gravitybox with xposed framework. no point in reinventing the wheel unless you work at mediatek
27th May 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #3  
blakegriplingph's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgrootnoob

have fun.

we already have gravitybox with xposed framework. no point in reinventing the wheel unless you work at mediatek

I know, but what I'm aiming for is a custom ROM, similar to the ones circulating here on XDA.
27th May 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 108
 
485 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakegriplingph

I know, but what I'm aiming for is a custom ROM, similar to the ones circulating here on XDA.

not sure about mediatek but start with compiling your own build with working instructions.
copying proprietary files, and anything else you can find around here
28th May 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #5  
blakegriplingph's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Never mind, just saw a tutorial about editing ROMs. It claims to be universal but I'm wondering about some specific stuff for my phone, i.e. removing preloaded applications and other stuff.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes