Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unlocked xperia Z1 network locked because of flashing Branded Firmware

OP vishav420

28th May 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

42 posts
i have a Sony Xperia Z1. the model number is C6906. i bought it directly from Sony and its Unlocked . it was working on every sim card. But i flashed the C6906 firmware of the other branded network provider. now it's network locked with that network provider. it only works with the sim card of that network. when i put any other sim card, the dialog box appears and it tells to insert network unlock code. when i contact that network, they told me to get their sim card and use it for 90 days. then they will provide me the unlock code. why should i have to use their sim card for 90 days to get the unlock code, because my phone is already factory unlocked from sony. i went to 3rd party websites which provide network unlock codes. but they didn't find the unlock code for my phone, because that phone is not present in the database of that network provider. that means i can only get the unlock code from that network code by using their sim card for 90 days. but that network is not working in my area. please suggest how can i make it unlock again as it was before ? i will be very thankful
28th May 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,526

9,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
flashing FTF files will not affect the SIM lock status of a phone.

It will neither lock an unlocked one nor will it unlock a locked one.
28th May 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

flashing FTF files will not affect the SIM lock status of a phone.

It will neither lock an unlocked one nor will it unlock a locked one.

i flashed the firmware of Rogers for my unlocked xperia z1 C6906, which was Branded Firmware. my phone was working fine with all sim cards. but few days ago i put the sim card of rogers, the phone automatically restart and also install some rogers network apps in phone menu. after that when i put other sim card, the network unlock code dialogue box appears. it means that phone got locked with rogers now. the rogers technicians said me if you flashed rogers branded firmware, then if you ever put rogers sim card in it, then device will locked to rogers even if its unlocked from sony.
28th May 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester

9,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
well, not sure how that works as its the first time I ever heard that happening. Not that I don't trust operators but I often find they do not know what they are talking about when it comes to the kind of things we do here at XDA

But, if what you say is true, flashing another FTF will NOT help.
28th May 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

42 posts

well, not sure how that works as its the first time I ever heard that happening. Not that I don't trust operators but I often find they do not know what they are talking about when it comes to the kind of things we do here at XDA

But, if what you say is true, flashing another FTF will NOT help.

is there any solution ?
28th May 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester

9,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishav420

is there any solution ?

you already said it in your first post.
28th May 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

42 posts
Quote:

you already said it in your first post.

can xda developers develop any software for that ? so that the network unlock code dialog box disappear and phone reset with original factory unlock setting
28th May 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #8  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester

9,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishav420

can xda developers develop any software for that ? so that the network unlock code dialog box disappear and phone reset with original factory unlock setting

that is not really what we do here. there are loads of websites for that, and rogers say they will give you an unlock code in 90 days anyway.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread