Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 40,353 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting z1 c6902- INDIAN version .757

Tip us?

Aj.GaLaxY aCE
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Phone [Q] Rooting z1 c6902- INDIAN version .757

I have just purchased xperia z1 and has updated it to latest .757 and wants to root my mobile. May be this type of questions are already posted but i find some questions in my mind before rooting so I want too clear it out so that i may not be left with a bricked device

1. can the c6903 firmware be flashed on my c6902 without any problem ( such flash was not applicable on my galaxy ace and there was no any correct way, you are left with a bricked device, but I see only c6903 threads)

2. if so , can i flash the link of ftf on NUT thread (it is c6903 ftf----- else i have to go to ftf mega collection and flash c6902 IN ftf?

3. can the flash tool unlock and lock bootloader so that i get my warranty again ( will i loose root after locking bootloader ?)

4. does unlocking bootloader crashes camera? ( i think i read months before that 20,7 mp stop working)

5. if unlocking bootloader crashes camera shall i install Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA.flashable.zip (8.47MB) from this site http://nut.xperia-files.com/ from flashtool ... if so plz tell how ..

6. how can i relock bootloader, if i unlock it?

7. what flashiing ftf withou ta means?

8. does flashing kernel, recovery and ftf are same ways i.e just put them in flashtool/firmware path and use "flash" button and follow flashing..(please do elaborate here, if u can add pics thanks). I read the noobs guide but it was for xperia x10.

9. After rooting-- flashing recovery-- all i have to do is wipe data, dalvik cache and install rom

10. i also got my back glass cracked due to my phone getting placed under my bed table while studying... i read many T&C of accidental warranty policy,, so is this reason a valid reason to get warranty,, how much will be the cost of changing back glass as accidental warranty is only 1 time useable..

At last thanks for giving your precious time and clearing my doubts

Aj.GaLaxY aCE
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2261606 -using this page for xz dual recovery install

what does this line of the section means????
""
When installing custom ROMs:
Be sure to flash XZ/ZL/TabZ/Z1/ZU-lockeddualrecovery[VERSION]-BETA.flashable.zip from http://nut.xperia-files.com after installing the ROM and before you reboot, this way you will not lose recovery!

""

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,963
Follow the link in my signature

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aj.GaLaxY aCE
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Follow the link in my signature
I followed ur link...

as i downgraded to .534 IN ftf i lost my IMEI...
installing rom aur i got stuck in bootloop
I again flashed .534 ftf by flashtool but i am not able to get my imei back...

what to do now

untamedsail0r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well I also lost imei when I flashed c6902. 534 ftf IN version from mega site. I want to downgrade to 4.2.2 as I am experiencing severe battery drain on. 757 c6902 IN version.

Sent from my C6902 using Tapatalk

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj.GaLaxY aCE View Post
I followed ur link...

as i downgraded to .534 IN ftf i lost my IMEI...
installing rom aur i got stuck in bootloop
I again flashed .534 ftf by flashtool but i am not able to get my imei back...

what to do now
carry on with the process

Once you upgrade to a prerooted 757 you will get your imei back

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.