Ask a question

No registration required

Odin says pass, but no root?

OP burghfan3

26th May 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 346

676 posts
Worked like a charm. 7 seconds. Now to find a 4-boot option for KitKat. Thanks to all!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burghfan3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 243

471 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghfan3

Worked like a charm. 7 seconds. Now to find a 4-boot option for KitKat. Thanks to all!

Just a quick heads up, many of the ROMs for our device have moved to unified builds for the USA LTE SGS3. Thus you may need to look for the latest ROM being built for model # d2lte.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Higgs_Boson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #13  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,783

3,402 posts
More
Quote:

Wanam for Xposed has the 4 boot option. I use about 20-30 Xposed modules successfully. ☺

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

676 posts
Just a 4way and theme for now probably. Was hooked on MOAR, and probably wait on that, even though there are MANY talented developers on XDA

27th May 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member

676 posts
I'm gonna flash Wicked 6.5. I have a special situation where I'm not supposed to do a full wipe, or factory reset. I am stock rooted with philz. Any harm flashing straight over top of that, or should I Odin a deodexed stock first? If I Odin, will I lose my data(info)?

I have dirty flashed many times, but not from odexed to deodexed, or vice versa. Thanks in advance

28th May 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 243

471 posts
Quote:

I'm gonna flash Wicked 6.5. I have a special situation where I'm not supposed to do a full wipe, or factory reset. I am stock rooted with philz. Any harm flashing straight over top of that, or should I Odin a deodexed stock first? If I Odin, will I lose my data(info)?

I have dirty flashed many times, but not from odexed to deodexed, or vice versa. Thanks in advance

Doing a quick Google search, flashing via ODIN wipes /system. Your media, apps, and titanium and nandroid backups should remain in tact.
The only time dirty flashes are advisable is if it's the same ROM and a small incremental (e.g. nightly/same Android version) build. That said, I also read that Deodexed over Odexed will be fine as long as you're doing stock Touchwiz overr stock Touchwiz (again same build number 4.3 --> 4.3 / 4.4.x --> 4.4.x). You'll just want to wipe /system, cache, and dalvik cache before ODINing the Deodexed to clear out all the odexed info from the system.

On a side note, always, always, always make a backup of your last working environment in the event that something fails.

If you start getting bootloops or unexpected behavior, you may want to restore your backup and consider doing a full wipe and flash to the ROM of your choosing.

Hope this helps.
28th May 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #17  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,783

3,402 posts
More
I just want to clarify that ODINing a stock tar will only not wipe out your nandroids and Titanium Backups if your store them on your external SD. Internal SD gets completely wiped.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Last edited by roirraW "edor" ehT; 30th May 2014 at 03:56 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread