Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,648 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bluetooth AVRCP Control Buttons Not Working in LG Stock ROM

Tip us?

bsg273
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Bluetooth AVRCP Control Buttons Not Working in LG Stock ROM

Does anyone know a solution for remapping or reutilizing the Bluetooth AVRCP control buttons for a set of bluetooth headphones (LG Tone HBS-700 specifically) on the LG stock ROM? All I want is for the play/pause, forward/previous track buttons to work on my headphones with the SiriusXM app. I came from CM11 and it worked perfectly there. When SiriusXM was playing, the buttons would affect it, and so forth with other music player apps when they had control. Now that I'm back on trying stock ROM, it of course doesn't work because LG's ROM is a piece of junk. Any recommendations?

hootowlserenade
Old
Thanks Meter 15
App in play store called media button router allows you to designate a specific app to be controlled by bt devices.... it's free, maybe that'll do the trick for you

Sent from my eXposed G2
The Following User Says Thank You to hootowlserenade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bsg273
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootowlserenade View Post
App in play store called media button router allows you to designate a specific app to be controlled by bt devices.... it's free, maybe that'll do the trick for you

Sent from my eXposed G2
I didn't know about that app! I downloaded and installed it, and unfortunately, it isn't recognizing SiriusXM as one of the music players on my phone. Thanks for the suggestion though.

hootowlserenade
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Maybe email the dev and ask if he'll add it to the app list... couldn't hurt to try.

Sent from my Xposed G2

bsg273
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootowlserenade View Post
Maybe email the dev and ask if he'll add it to the app list... couldn't hurt to try.

Sent from my Xposed G2
Not a bad idea. I'll try it!