I have an HTC ONE m7 that is about a year old and is rooted and running omni rom. It has been rooted for about 6 months and I had been running cyanogonmod and everything was running fine until last week when I got the dreaded sim card error. a restart of the phone did the trick. 2 days later it happened again and this time a restart did not work and my phone was out of commission for about 4 hours as I tried everything to fix it (including a full wipe of cyanogen and a fresh install with omni rom) with no success. Then one random time I restarted it popped back up and everything was fine. Now over the last few days it keeps giving me the sim error and only goes away after random amounts of time and restarts. If the error does go away and I have service. I get 4g LTE for about 10 minutes before I lose the ability to make any calls/texts or have any data connectivity. I have tried the scotch tape trick with no success as well as changing my APN. I'm sadly starting to think this may be a hardware issue.