Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 49,764 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless" MDK Jrkruse ROM

Tip us?

aosmer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless" MDK Jrkruse ROM

I updated to the May 21st build of Jrkruse's Stock Rom, and now I keep getting a message that says "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone". In the top it says Secure Fail: Kernel. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

android-incredible
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by aosmer View Post
I updated to the May 21st build of Jrkruse's Stock Rom, and now I keep getting a message that says "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone". In the top it says Secure Fail: Kernel. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!
Did you tried pulling the battery out and put the battery back and hold the volume up and the power and boot in to recovery mode. If that doesn't work, you have to Odin back to stock. ...

Droid incredible1
Droid incredible2
Samsung Galaxy s4(current)
HD tweak pro sylver
MDK Bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to android-incredible For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1247
Just manually boit into recovery and flash the proper kernel with the rom

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1405

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Until you get a clearer answer from jrkruse I'd go to the KToonsez thread and grab his latest kernel for TW and flash that. You'll probably want to run tri angle away too after since usually after that message pops up youll also start getting that silly " custom " splash screen at boot. Tri Angle Away will take care of that. I always have KT's kernels saved on my SD card just in case for times like this. . although I usually am flashing his kernel anyways lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aosmer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I was able to get back into recovery and flash a different kernel, but That didn't fix it. Turns out it was a bad rom download. I redownloaded it, flashed it again, and like magic it worked. We're back in business. Thanks for all your help everyone!

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 804
Quote:
I was able to get back into recovery and flash a different kernel, but That didn't fix it. Turns out it was a bad rom download. I redownloaded it, flashed it again, and like magic it worked. We're back in business. Thanks for all your help everyone!
If you want to minimize rom flashing problems...download file to pc and check the md5 there before copying to phone...

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]