"System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless" MDK Jrkruse ROM

OP aosmer

27th May 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I updated to the May 21st build of Jrkruse's Stock Rom, and now I keep getting a message that says "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone". In the top it says Secure Fail: Kernel. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!
28th May 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 90

772 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aosmer

I updated to the May 21st build of Jrkruse's Stock Rom, and now I keep getting a message that says "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone". In the top it says Secure Fail: Kernel. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Did you tried pulling the battery out and put the battery back and hold the volume up and the power and boot in to recovery mode. If that doesn't work, you have to Odin back to stock. ...
The Following User Says Thank You to android-incredible For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #3  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,440

3,332 posts
More
Just manually boit into recovery and flash the proper kernel with the rom

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,951

3,773 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Until you get a clearer answer from jrkruse I'd go to the KToonsez thread and grab his latest kernel for TW and flash that. You'll probably want to run tri angle away too after since usually after that message pops up youll also start getting that silly " custom " splash screen at boot. Tri Angle Away will take care of that. I always have KT's kernels saved on my SD card just in case for times like this. . although I usually am flashing his kernel anyways lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I was able to get back into recovery and flash a different kernel, but That didn't fix it. Turns out it was a bad rom download. I redownloaded it, flashed it again, and like magic it worked. We're back in business. Thanks for all your help everyone!
28th May 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #6  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 816

2,411 posts
Quote:

I was able to get back into recovery and flash a different kernel, but That didn't fix it. Turns out it was a bad rom download. I redownloaded it, flashed it again, and like magic it worked. We're back in business. Thanks for all your help everyone!

If you want to minimize rom flashing problems...download file to pc and check the md5 there before copying to phone...

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread