Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,512 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC ONE HTL22 Stuck on Bootloop Mac OS

Tip us?

ShadowKage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC ONE HTL22 Stuck on Bootloop Mac OS

Hello Everyone as stated.

I have an international variant of HTC One HTL22. I am also using a mac OS computer.

I unlocked the bootloader and had s off and CID as 111111
The phone was also rooted.

So first I paid a guy in japan to s off and cid the phone along as rooting the phone.

THen I unlocked bootloader.

I downloaded the Android Revolution HD's latest rom.

I flashed into recovery and it went into Clockworkmod.

I wiped and erased all the cache. I installed the ROM and everything seemed going fine until i rebooted the phone.

Now its stuck on the bootloop and always trying to go into recovery but failing. I can get into a different menu by pressing power and volume down. But everytime i try and click factory reset or anything else it just boots into a loop again.

I tried accessing the phone on the Mac OS Terminal but it is not showing up when i try and type up adb devices on the terminal (command prompt)

Please help! I am desperate here!!

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,090

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKage View Post
Hello Everyone as stated.

I have an international variant of HTC One HTL22. I am also using a mac OS computer.
Afaik, the HTC One HTL22 (M7_WLJ) is not an international variant, its a Japanese variant for KDDI carrier

Quote:
I downloaded the Android Revolution HD's latest rom.
I flashed into recovery and it went into Clockworkmod.
From arhd thread:
Quote:
  • For HTC One International GSM/LTE (UL), International GSM (U), all U.S. carriers (apart from Sprint) (click here for more details)
Yours is a M7_WLJ, not a M7_UL neither a M7_U. Unless you have download a version of arhd modified to run on your WLJ, you have flashed a rom not compatible with your phone...

Now better to head to this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2680107

Quote:
I tried accessing the phone on the Mac OS Terminal but it is not showing up when i try and type up adb devices on the terminal (command prompt)
ADB only works from a booted rom or from custom recovery, in bootloader you must use fastboot commands, i.e fastboot devices
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadowKage
Old
(Last edited by ShadowKage; 26th May 2014 at 05:51 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Afaik, the HTC One HTL22 (M7_WLJ) is not an international variant, its a Japanese variant for KDDI carrier

From arhd thread:

Yours is a M7_WLJ, not a M7_UL neither a M7_U. Unless you have download a version of arhd modified to run on your WLJ, you have flashed a rom not compatible with your phone...

Now better to head to this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2680107

ADB only works from a booted rom or from custom recovery, in bootloader you must use fastboot commands, i.e fastboot devices

I see I flashed an incompatible rom.

So now I am stuck in a boot loop. It seems I am able to go onto fastboot and the Terminal (CMD) recognizes the device but I cant get the ADB to recognize the phone.
I don't know what to do after that. Can I flash a compatible rom using an SD card? Or does it have to be on the internal storage?

How do I get it back so that it just loads back onto the stock ROM that it once had?

edit: yeah so I went into fastboot and erased cache which got me back into clockwork mod and using an SD card I tried installing the HTC J One Maximus Rom and the HTCsoku Global Edition ROM and everytime it reboots it just keeps getting stuck on the htc logo entering or trying to enter recovery mode.

Bootloader is still unlocked, S-OFF, CID11111. When I got the phone back from the service guy.

All I did was unlocked the bootloader. He rooted the phone already. So I was hoping to just install a working ROM and then unlock the SIM on the phone.

Any help/advice/ is always appreciated for sure.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,090

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKage View Post
I see I flashed an incompatible rom.

So now I am stuck in a boot loop. It seems I am able to go onto fastboot and the Terminal (CMD) recognizes the device but I cant get the ADB to recognize the phone.
Maybe it was not clear:
ADB only works from a booted rom or from custom recovery If you can't make ADB works from custom recovery, your drivers are probably not installed correctly.

Quote:
I don't know what to do after that. Can I flash a compatible rom using an SD card? Or does it have to be on the internal storage?
How do I get it back so that it just loads back onto the stock ROM that it once had?
You might want to check this thread. here you can find custom recovery and custom rom for your HTL22. Look at the last page, there is an updated rom list for your phone variant.

You can probably flash the rom both from the sdcard or from the internal storage. You can push the rom to your internal storage using ''adb push'' command from twrp recovery.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadowKage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Maybe it was not clear:
ADB only works from a booted rom or from custom recovery If you can't make ADB works from custom recovery, your drivers are probably not installed correctly.

You might want to check this thread. here you can find custom recovery and custom rom for your HTL22. Look at the last page, there is an updated rom list for your phone variant.

You can probably flash the rom both from the sdcard or from the internal storage. You can push the rom to your internal storage using ''adb push'' command from twrp recovery.

well after a painful 12 hours I managed to flash a twr recovery that worked. I was able to flash a 4.4 kitkat rom with sense 6.0.

I have an au kddi Iphone 4s micro sim and I want to input that onto the HTC one. I dont think I need to unlock sim for it as its on the same network.

However, when I try to put it on the phone.....I get no signal. I tried WDCMA only and GSM only and to no avail. Any advice?

Ghost
Old
Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,993
Thread closed,

Thread has been closed at OP's request

Many thanks,

Ghost
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe