Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Proximity sensor bug

Tip us?
 
Kuminauha
Old
#1  
Kuminauha's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 37
Join Date: Jul 2012
Unhappy [Q] Proximity sensor bug

I have a strange problem with prox sensor during calls. The actual sensor works fine, it shuts down the display but still registers touches from the keypad. I've had numerous times when the person complains that I'm pressing dial tones and when I take my phone of my ear, the display wakes up and there's all kinds of numbers and symbols on the dialing screen. If I hold my phone on an angle off my cheek, the problem doesn't occur. Anyone else?
 
cphenrik
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuminauha View Post
I have a strange problem with prox sensor during calls. The actual sensor works fine, it shuts down the display but still registers touches from the keypad. I've had numerous times when the person complains that I'm pressing dial tones and when I take my phone of my ear, the display wakes up and there's all kinds of numbers and symbols on the dialing screen. If I hold my phone on an angle off my cheek, the problem doesn't occur. Anyone else?
You're holding it wrong...

Joke aside. I have the same issue when holding the phone to my left ear. I suppose i has to do with proximity sensor being on the left side, and not getting close enough to (getting covered by) my ear. In that case: Use right ear, or press the phone closer to the left side of your head (head tumor not guaranteed)

Could this be the issue?
 
brangko
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 40
Join Date: Apr 2012
I do have this problem and I don't want to have head tumor. rofl


Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Wilks3y
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 638
Posts: 1,703
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Leek

 
DONATE TO ME
I also get this !! Seriously annoying.

You'll be chatting away, next thing you know "Beep Beep Beep" as though your dialing someone else.

Like, DAMN ear, who you calling that so important you can't wait till I've finished my conversation?
If I Helped feel free to Thank me

My Websites:

 
Kuminauha
Old
#5  
Kuminauha's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 37
Join Date: Jul 2012
The screen IS off when this is happening, I can see the screen in the corner of my ear and its all black but still registers touches
 
tndb
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 88
Join Date: Jul 2008

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuminauha View Post
The screen IS off when this is happening, I can see the screen in the corner of my ear and its all black but still registers touches
Have the same issue myself, really annoying for the person on the other side and you dont notice it yourself as its silently presses when its close to the chin..
 
infinitylook
Old
#7  
infinitylook's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 128
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cphenrik View Post
You're holding it wrong...

Joke aside. I have the same issue when holding the phone to my left ear. I suppose i has to do with proximity sensor being on the left side, and not getting close enough to (getting covered by) my ear. In that case: Use right ear, or press the phone closer to the left side of your head (head tumor not guaranteed)

Could this be the issue?
+1 here. It happens to me oftentimes when i'm talking then suddenly there's silence and when i look at the screen the hold button is pressed and the call is placed on hold. I do use my phone on my left side frequently. I guess i haven't used it on my right ear at all. I'm not really sure if that matters, would try and check on it next call.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...