Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Proximity sensor bug

OP Kuminauha

21st April 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

37 posts
More
I have a strange problem with prox sensor during calls. The actual sensor works fine, it shuts down the display but still registers touches from the keypad. I've had numerous times when the person complains that I'm pressing dial tones and when I take my phone of my ear, the display wakes up and there's all kinds of numbers and symbols on the dialing screen. If I hold my phone on an angle off my cheek, the problem doesn't occur. Anyone else?
22nd April 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuminauha

I have a strange problem with prox sensor during calls. The actual sensor works fine, it shuts down the display but still registers touches from the keypad. I've had numerous times when the person complains that I'm pressing dial tones and when I take my phone of my ear, the display wakes up and there's all kinds of numbers and symbols on the dialing screen. If I hold my phone on an angle off my cheek, the problem doesn't occur. Anyone else?

You're holding it wrong...

Joke aside. I have the same issue when holding the phone to my left ear. I suppose i has to do with proximity sensor being on the left side, and not getting close enough to (getting covered by) my ear. In that case: Use right ear, or press the phone closer to the left side of your head (head tumor not guaranteed)

Could this be the issue?
22nd April 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

40 posts
I do have this problem and I don't want to have head tumor. rofl

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd April 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #4  
Flag Leek
Thanks Meter: 638

1,703 posts
Donate to Me
More
I also get this !! Seriously annoying.

You'll be chatting away, next thing you know "Beep Beep Beep" as though your dialing someone else.

Like, DAMN ear, who you calling that so important you can't wait till I've finished my conversation?
22nd April 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

37 posts
More
The screen IS off when this is happening, I can see the screen in the corner of my ear and its all black but still registers touches
27th May 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 26

98 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuminauha

The screen IS off when this is happening, I can see the screen in the corner of my ear and its all black but still registers touches

Have the same issue myself, really annoying for the person on the other side and you dont notice it yourself as its silently presses when its close to the chin..
28th May 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 18

178 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cphenrik

You're holding it wrong...

Joke aside. I have the same issue when holding the phone to my left ear. I suppose i has to do with proximity sensor being on the left side, and not getting close enough to (getting covered by) my ear. In that case: Use right ear, or press the phone closer to the left side of your head (head tumor not guaranteed)

Could this be the issue?

+1 here. It happens to me oftentimes when i'm talking then suddenly there's silence and when i look at the screen the hold button is pressed and the call is placed on hold. I do use my phone on my left side frequently. I guess i haven't used it on my right ear at all. I'm not really sure if that matters, would try and check on it next call.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread