Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Left-handed landscape orientation Softkeys

Tip us?

f4780y
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs down Left-handed landscape orientation Softkeys

Yes, I know left-handedness is a minority condition

There are lots of threads on XDA about various aspects of left hand use of Android, but does anyone know of a mod or hack which will enable left handed softkeys when working in landscape mode on a device such as the M8?

In the good old days of hardware based navigation keys I could simply hold the device with the keys to the left.
However, Softkeys on KitKat always rotate themselves and stay anchored on the right hand side of the device, no matter which way you flip it in landscape mode. For a lefty, this is extremely challenging!

I've searched xposed etc. but can't seem to find any mods. Please help a poor lefty!

Kobro
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by f4780y View Post
Yes, I know left-handedness is a minority condition

There are lots of threads on XDA about various aspects of left hand use of Android, but does anyone know of a mod or hack which will enable left handed softkeys when working in landscape mode on a device such as the M8?

In the good old days of hardware based navigation keys I could simply hold the device with the keys to the left.
However, Softkeys on KitKat always rotate themselves and stay anchored on the right hand side of the device, no matter which way you flip it in landscape mode. For a lefty, this is extremely challenging!

I've searched xposed etc. but can't seem to find any mods. Please help a poor lefty!
there are appslike button savior, might be what you need.
Press Thanks if i helped!

The Eleventh Commandment- "Thou hast not to like it, thou hast just to do it."

Sign up to Copy.com using this link, and we both get an extra 5gb of free cloud!
https://copy.com?r=1txCqp

If youre into computer games, check out tanki online!
http://tankionline.com#friend=569lJ8...yh7rTJL5dHyg7m