Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] [Q] How to root samsung galaxy S5 Model:SM -G900 (k3gduosctc)

Tip us?

nissan0808
Old
(Last edited by Toledo_JAB; 28th May 2014 at 07:12 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [SOLVED] [Q] How to root samsung galaxy S5 Model:SM -G900 (k3gduosctc)

I really need help.Few days ago I traveled china and bought galaxy S5.
Now, I want to root the device but In my device the model is only :SM -G900. nothing is written after G900. for that i cant find the version from internet for rooting the device. At last i installed an apps name CPU-Z. In here the model number is showing SM -G900 (k3gduosctc).
But still i can't find the right version to root the device.
plz help me....

Perseus71
Old
(Last edited by Perseus71; 28th May 2014 at 02:56 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,892

DONATE TO ME
You'd need to look at the Sticker behind the battery for determination of the correct Device Model Number. Sometimes the information you see in Settings > About is not accurate. The apps you'd use may get mislaid.

Having said that Since you bought in China, it is likely to either SM-G900I (for Asia Market) or SM-G900K/L/S (Korea Market). My Money would be on SM-G900I. Given that the device is so new, we do not have sub forum for this specific variant yet. But depending on which carrier you are using or planning to use, here are the links to Relevant forums. Sprint Galaxy S5, Verizon Galaxy S5, T-Mobile Galaxy S5, AT&T Galaxy S5

To your question on Root, here's a nice thread for Sprint S5. It gives you a general Idea. But understandably the specifics would depends on your Model.

You may also use Android Hardware Info app or any other Device info apps that look at the hardware to determine Model Number.

It_ler
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 15,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan0808 View Post
I really need help.Few days ago I traveled china and bought galaxy S5.
Now, I want to root the device but In my device the model is only :SM -G900. nothing is written after G900. for that i cant find the version from internet for rooting the device. At last i installed an apps name CPU-Z. In here the model number is showing SM -G900 (k3gduosctc).
But still i can't find the right version to root the device.
plz help me....
Just in addition what Perseus71 already wrote:

Chainfire has already created CF-AutoRoot for various S5 variants.
This is IMO the easiest way to root your device. I have done this with my SM-G900F too.

But first do what Perseus71 has suggested ... you should be sure what exact model of the S5 you have.
Device: SGS5 (SM-G900F)
ROM: AllianceROM v5.3
Kernel: Stock XXU1ANG7 kernel
Recovery: PhilZ-touch CWM recovery
Modem: XXU1ANG7
If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread,
... for your SGS5, just ask in the Noob friendly Galaxy S5 All in one support thread.
If you need general help/assistance, please go to XDA Assist.

nissan0808
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by It_ler View Post
Just in addition what Perseus71 already wrote:

Chainfire has already created CF-AutoRoot for various S5 variants.
This is IMO the easiest way to root your device. I have done this with my SM-G900F too.

But first do what Perseus71 has suggested ... you should be sure what exact model of the S5 you have.
what is Perseus71.I told that the model is showing only SM-G900 nothing else.i know there is various model like SM-G900F,SM-G900L etc but my s5 is only showing SM-G900 nothing else.thats why i asked the question.The only thing i can see the model SM-G900(k3gduosctc) when i use cpu-z apps. I can't find this SM-G900(k3gduosctc) model any where...

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,892

DONATE TO ME
Is that what is mentioned on the Sticker behind Battery, under Model ?

nissan0808
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Is that what is mentioned on the Sticker behind Battery, under Model ?
i cant find it...here's a detail that is wtitten on the about:
model:SM-G900(k3gduosctc)
board:MSM8974
HARDWRE:UNIVERSAL5410
ANDROID VERSION:4.4.2
KERNEL ARCHITECTURE:ARMV7I
KERNEL VERSION:3.4.5(G900DKEU1ANCC)

PulseDroid
Old
(Last edited by PulseDroid; 28th May 2014 at 04:02 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan0808 View Post
i cant find it...here's a detail that is wtitten on the about:
model:SM-G900(k3gduosctc)
board:MSM8974
HARDWRE:UNIVERSAL5410
ANDROID VERSION:4.4.2
KERNEL ARCHITECTURE:ARMV7I
KERNEL VERSION:3.4.5(G900DKEU1ANCC)
Hi nissan0808,

I am sorry to inform you that the "UNIVERSAL5410" is commonly used on fake Galaxy devices ( Mostly S4 ). You can make sure by entering your IMEI here: IMEI Analysis. Check under the IMEI Validity Assessment.

Find it by dailing *#06#

This doesn't necessarily mean that you can't root the device, you can try the following tool:

Framaroot

Cheers!

"What would be the purpose of fishing for thanks? Having one thank you as opposed to 10,000 makes no difference does it? It's just an ego thing I suppose. I don't and have never focused on someone's thank meter to judge their expertise and knowledge." - edfunkycold

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe