Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] what are the weakness of 4.1+ roms

OP oduhart

10th May 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #1  
oduhart's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lille
Thanks Meter: 27
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Hello,

I have a arc s (lt18i) currently running ICS 4.0 (ultimate HD). I am considering switching to a 4.1+ but I have questions about what I am going to lose.
I read some disadvantages of 4.1+ roms, and I want to have precisions/informations about that :
  1. HDMI is not possible with these ROMs. What is the exact cause of that ?
  2. HD video recording (720p) seems not to be possible. Is that true ? it would be a great incovenience for me
  3. Does the overall camera quality is the same as with ICS roms ?

thanks on advance for your answers.

Olivier
11th May 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #2  
Attitude.SSJ's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mangalore
Thanks Meter: 943
 
1,564 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oduhart

Hello,

I have a arc s (lt18i) currently running ICS 4.0 (ultimate HD). I am considering switching to a 4.1+ but I have questions about what I am going to lose.
I read some disadvantages of 4.1+ roms, and I want to have precisions/informations about that :

  1. HDMI is not possible with these ROMs. What is the exact cause of that ?
  2. HD video recording (720p) seems not to be possible. Is that true ? it would be a great incovenience for me
  3. Does the overall camera quality is the same as with ICS roms ?

thanks on advance for your answers.

Olivier

1) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1989501
2) there's some development going on regarding 720p... You may see it soon enough...
3) overall camera quality isn't as good as ics


Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Attitude.SSJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Flag Homs
Thanks Meter: 8
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
another thing you'll miss is sony dialer app ,, and ICS sony camera is better than cm camera but on the other hand cm10 based roms are way faster and lighter and smoother than ics as for multitasking and games << if you were going to upgrade to 4.1 I suggest that u try super jelly bean rom
11th May 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #4  
oduhart's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lille
Thanks Meter: 27
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Thanks for your answer i was actually looking at SJB. How is exactly better the sony camera compared to the CM one.

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app
Last edited by oduhart; 11th May 2014 at 11:22 PM.
12th May 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #5  
ManthanRB's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
846 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Some games like NFS MW works smooth while little games like Candy Crush just lags a lot & crashes..
12th May 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Agreed with both @Attitude.SSJ and @xkifah.
On JB, had been using SJB8 and Slimbean511 for quite a while, I'm afraid the sony camera (ICS) would be very much better.
I think SJB is stable and Slimbean is beautiful.
Try using the LuPuS(FULL) kernel for taking better foto / video.
12th May 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Flag Homs
Thanks Meter: 8
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oduhart

Thanks for your answer i was actually looking at SJB. How is exactly better the sony camera compared to the CM one.

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

most cm roms won't let u record 720p and for normal photos I don't know but photos taken with Sony camera just feels better than those taken with Google camera but there's a plenty of alternative camera apps on the market and some of them have really nice features in the end i guess that the goods surpass the bads so why don't u try it yourself as it wont do u any bad and see the difference yourself
15th May 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #8  
ibrhmozn's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Donate to Me
More
4.1 most cm roms fastest than others but my think gaming better than others, for usual use its bad to using bro
28th May 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #9  
wasim9283's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag DOHA
Thanks Meter: 59
 
262 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Here nobody taking about FM radio, bro you will loose FM radio also after switching from ICS

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by wasim9283; 28th May 2014 at 12:55 PM.
28th May 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #10  
BadGround's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasim9283

Here nobody taking about FM radio, bro you will loose FM radio also after switching from ICS

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

To be specific, switching to 4.2 and above means losing radio, in 4.1 radio is working

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.1+ arc s
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes