Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone on Rooted NC4 and Safestrapped?

Tip us?

donc113
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomsWell View Post
U need to have busybox installed for kitkat safestrap
BusyBox is installed, and active, and SafeStrap checks for it and Safestrap says it's installed...but even hitting the Reboot to Recovery button does a "normal" reboot and I don't get the recover/continue option.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

LRGDNA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by donc113 View Post
Yea...I am for sure still rooted, just not safestrapped, I am still playing with it and was just wondering if anyone had already done so.

After reading your post I went ahead and tried to take the NC4 OWA with supersu in survival mode. It Worked! I was on stock mje, rooted with kingo and had a modded framework for tethering. I restored the backup of my stock framework file, then unfroze all of my apps. I put supersu in survival mode, disabled superuser, and turned default access to deny. I then enabled the install of the OWA and after the reboot I enabled supersu and just like that I still had root. So far no issues.

As far as safestrap goes, I didn't have safestrap before but I may try to install it to see if it works now. I'll let you know.

donc113
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by donc113 View Post
BusyBox is installed, and active, and SafeStrap checks for it and Safestrap says it's installed...but even hitting the Reboot to Recovery button does a "normal" reboot and I don't get the recover/continue option.

Third time is a charm I guess. I uninstalled the recovery, rebooted, reinstalled the recovery, hit the reboot to recovery and got to Safestrap just fine. And it now gives me the choice during reboot.

Vp8188
Old
(Last edited by Vp8188; 28th May 2014 at 05:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default RicksROMbuild8/NC4

Im on "RicksROMbuild8" with NC4,root and safestrap still.