Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

[Q] [q] stock everything? :(

25th May 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
Hi everyone, I'm trying to make my S2 HD LTE (i757M) back to FACTORY STOCK condition. I installed a custom firmware and recovery mode before, and now i'm just running stock firmware but not a stock recovery loader?

I want to reset it so I can utilize the (settings>about device> software update) It currently says my device has been modified.
I just want a newbie guide on how to make my phone completely stock again.

My phone has been super laggy ever since I installed the custom MOD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...s-rom-t2175777

I'm currently running this, and even more hella' laggy. Sometime's it't not even bearable that I have to take off the case and take out the battery because I can't even open the system menu to restart the phone. But sometimes it runs smoothly fine, really weird.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...k-rom-t2272102

So can someone guide me on a path to make this phone official samsung firmware and completely stock? Please it would really help me out... Thanks xda community!
Last edited by andyzeng1993; 27th May 2014 at 06:35 PM.
27th May 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

35 posts
Can someone help me out? :X
27th May 2014, 08:26 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 108

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzeng1993

Can someone help me out? :X

does this help?
Last edited by Lgrootnoob; 27th May 2014 at 08:29 AM.
27th May 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgrootnoob

does this help?

Sorry i made a mistake in my post, this is what i'm running right now man (the link you provided), but it's not factory stock :X. I can't go to settings and utilize the system update because it recognizes my device as a modified device. I want to update from my 4.1.2 to kitkat but on OFFICIAL STOCK FIRMWARE. Does it work if I just use the Factory Data Reset? Or would that brick my phone since I'm running a different firmware that's not the factory provided one?
27th May 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dallas

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry i made a mistake in my post, this is what i'm running right now man (the link you provided), but it's not factory stock :X. I can't go to settings and utilize the system update because it recognizes my device as a modified device. I want to update from my 4.1.2 to kitkat but on OFFICIAL STOCK FIRMWARE. Does it work if I just use the Factory Data Reset? Or would that brick my phone since I'm running a different firmware that's not the factory provided one?

factory reset just wipes /data
no harm in trying.

I think you also need to run triangle away.

have you consulted the support website for your carrier to see if they have an "updater" which will flash to stock?

if so, then wipe /data with factory reset, use the updater without letting your turn phone on after you did the factory reset.(so it doesn't setup /data again and cause conflicts with the new flash)

does kies software work at all?

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

also, did you wipe your phone completely from recovery before you flashed the zip in the link I provided?
28th May 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgrootnoob

factory reset just wipes /data
no harm in trying.

I think you also need to run triangle away.

have you consulted the support website for your carrier to see if they have an "updater" which will flash to stock?

if so, then wipe /data with factory reset, use the updater without letting your turn phone on after you did the factory reset.(so it doesn't setup /data again and cause conflicts with the new flash)

does kies software work at all?

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

also, did you wipe your phone completely from recovery before you flashed the zip in the link I provided?

Yeah I did wipe my phone completely from recovery (I did all the steps correctly when flashing a ROM)
Kies doesn't even work with my phone and I dont know what triangle away is.

I haven't consulted the support website, but I don't think they deal with you if you flash custom ROM
28th May 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #7  
Flag Dallas

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah I did wipe my phone completely from recovery (I did all the steps correctly when flashing a ROM)
Kies doesn't even work with my phone and I dont know what triangle away is.

I haven't consulted the support website, but I don't think they deal with you if you flash custom ROM

They utilize download mode. so yes, if they have an updater exe tool it should update your phone to the latest stock.

triangle away is an app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.triangleaway

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
factory, galaxys2, i757m, samsung, stock
Previous Thread Next Thread