[Q] Verizon G2 encrypted itself over night

23rd May 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
My wife woke me up in the middle of the night because my G2 was making a clicking noise. I got up and it was at a screen asking me to enter a pin/password and i had 0/10 attempts remaining. i didnt do anything abnormal with this phone before i went to bed, same routine as always. it must have been around 2 or 3 am when this happened. i restarted it a few times but it keeps going back to the screen with password prompt. it does mention it found a global sim card when first starting back up. also if i dont touch the screen for a while it really does start to make a consistently timed "click" sound. tried plugging into a windows 7 computer to at least get my family photos off but no dice there either.

this is my work phone and it is connected to an exchange 2010 server but the policy does not require password or encryption. Also the only other person i work with who has an android connected to that server has not had anything like this happen. no changes have been made to the policy either.

anyone ever seen this before? i can do a wipe if i have to but id really like to save those pictures and understand how and why this happened.
25th May 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
I went to do the factory reset and it takes me into the stock recovery. Whether I try to wipe cache or do the factory wipe I keep getting unknown error 150. It says it can't mount it open cache or some cache logs. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
25th May 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #3  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 790

2,883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by transtang z28

I went to do the factory reset and it takes me into the stock recovery. Whether I try to wipe cache or do the factory wipe I keep getting unknown error 150. It says it can't mount it open cache or some cache logs. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

Restore it to stock?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960
The Following User Says Thank You to mjones73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Thanks but I keep getting a fail error at 15 seconds using that guide. I'm wondering if my memory is totally corrupt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
28th May 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
so the lg flash tool fails almost right away because the erase command fails, the only way i can get adb to talk to the phone is when i choose to sideload from adb in the stock recovery options, no other adb command will even run, they all say closed. sideloading fails because it cant mount anything.

is it possibly this is actual hardware failure?

i know im a noob here, but responses arent as frequent as i had hoped. would it be wrong to repost this in the general g2 q&a section instead of here in the verizon q&a? at this point its less about saving my data and more about not being beaten if it isnt actually a hardware failure.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank