Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

Stuck in boot loop and can't boot to twrp recovery

OP dadmi

26th May 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
I installed Liquid Smooth ROM last night and stuck in boot loop now. I can't even boot into TWRP recovery. When I boot to recovery from bootloader, Teamwin logo flashes few times, then I see Liquid Smooth animation for few seconds and phone reboots.

What can be done to fix this?

UPDATE: Was unable to push twrp recovery, finally restored the phone by following this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727831 and back to normal now.
Last edited by dadmi; 28th May 2014 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Resolved
27th May 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 59

597 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadmi

I installed Liquid Smooth ROM last night and stuck in boot loop now. I can't even boot into TWRP recovery. When I boot to recovery from bootloader, Teamwin logo flashes few times, then I see Liquid Smooth animation for few seconds and phone reboots.

Try to re-push the TWRP recovery and boot to it again.
27th May 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Was unable to push twrp recovery, finally restored the phone by following this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727831 and back to normal now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreemanoh

Try to re-push the TWRP recovery and boot to it again.

27th May 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 9,203

9,491 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadmi

Weird.. This sounds like what happened to my phone the other night. I updated AdAway hosts file, did a reboot, walked away came back a few mins and saw the Liquid boot animation, then noticed it reboot then try to boot up, then reboot again, so I tried booting into TWRP and it did the same, tried to do a flash of a ROM and it rebooted within a few seconds. So I decided the only option was to try the RUU and luckily after that everything is back to normal. But with all the weird-ness going on in these threads with peoples phones, it was a true scare.
27th May 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #5  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 151

613 posts
More
So many weird things with root on this phone that I've never heard/encountered before. I'm just gonna chill on clean ROM with sense 6 toolbox and lay low for a while w/o flashing hoping an explanation is made.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to wtoj34 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 58

361 posts
Try fastboot erase cache?
28th May 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_strike33

Try fastboot erase cache?

That didn't help
28th May 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #8  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 151

613 posts
More
Try taking out your Sim card

28th May 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #9  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 91

358 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34

So many weird things with root on this phone that I've never heard/encountered before. I'm just gonna chill on clean ROM with sense 6 toolbox and lay low for a while w/o flashing hoping an explanation is made.

I really couldn't agree more! I feel like the carriers especially Verizon want total control of any device that's on their network.
Before long we are all going to be waiting for a jailbreak team to give us root on each update.
28th May 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 59

597 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjim

I feel like the carriers especially Verizon want total control of any device that's on their network.

Maybe because they do? That's not exactly a secret... To varying degrees of course, with T-Mobile caring the least, and Verizon caring the most.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread