Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 42,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in boot loop and can't boot to twrp recovery

Tip us?

dadmi
Old
(Last edited by dadmi; 28th May 2014 at 12:22 AM.) Reason: Resolved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Stuck in boot loop and can't boot to twrp recovery

I installed Liquid Smooth ROM last night and stuck in boot loop now. I can't even boot into TWRP recovery. When I boot to recovery from bootloader, Teamwin logo flashes few times, then I see Liquid Smooth animation for few seconds and phone reboots.

What can be done to fix this?

UPDATE: Was unable to push twrp recovery, finally restored the phone by following this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727831 and back to normal now.

sfreemanoh
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadmi View Post
I installed Liquid Smooth ROM last night and stuck in boot loop now. I can't even boot into TWRP recovery. When I boot to recovery from bootloader, Teamwin logo flashes few times, then I see Liquid Smooth animation for few seconds and phone reboots.

Try to re-push the TWRP recovery and boot to it again.

dadmi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Was unable to push twrp recovery, finally restored the phone by following this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727831 and back to normal now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreemanoh View Post
Try to re-push the TWRP recovery and boot to it again.

andybones
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,971

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadmi View Post

Weird.. This sounds like what happened to my phone the other night. I updated AdAway hosts file, did a reboot, walked away came back a few mins and saw the Liquid boot animation, then noticed it reboot then try to boot up, then reboot again, so I tried booting into TWRP and it did the same, tried to do a flash of a ROM and it rebooted within a few seconds. So I decided the only option was to try the RUU and luckily after that everything is back to normal. But with all the weird-ness going on in these threads with peoples phones, it was a true scare.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 149
So many weird things with root on this phone that I've never heard/encountered before. I'm just gonna chill on clean ROM with sense 6 toolbox and lay low for a while w/o flashing hoping an explanation is made.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,
The Following User Says Thank You to wtoj34 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lucky_strike33
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Try fastboot erase cache?

dadmi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_strike33 View Post
Try fastboot erase cache?
That didn't help

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Try taking out your Sim card

If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,

pjim
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34 View Post
So many weird things with root on this phone that I've never heard/encountered before. I'm just gonna chill on clean ROM with sense 6 toolbox and lay low for a while w/o flashing hoping an explanation is made.

I really couldn't agree more! I feel like the carriers especially Verizon want total control of any device that's on their network.
Before long we are all going to be waiting for a jailbreak team to give us root on each update.

sfreemanoh
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjim View Post
I feel like the carriers especially Verizon want total control of any device that's on their network.
Maybe because they do? That's not exactly a secret... To varying degrees of course, with T-Mobile caring the least, and Verizon caring the most.