Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 49,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

kit kat and Bluetooth map profile?

Tip us?

troubledrican
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default kit kat and Bluetooth map profile?

Hello everyone. So I've been patiently waiting for kit kat to arrive because it was supposed to enable map profile over bluetooth and at first sign I flashed beans leak. So I go into my ford and sync and I still get text messages unsupported. Blah my kit kat bubble has bursted. Was the map profile enabled in kit kat? Any help would be appreciated

akneipp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I got it working in my Focus with MFT.

You need to do a clean pairing for both devices. Make sure you delete the phone out of your car and delete your car out of your phone. Turn your car off for about 30 seconds and restart your phone after deleting each device. Go back through setup from the car and when you connect, you should have to set two approvals, one for accessing your messages and the other for access to your contacts. Obvivously, make sure the 'always allow' or 'never ask again' box is checked, so the approval sticks.

troubledrican
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Im guessing i am unlucky. I have a 2010 focus with ford sync basic. Ive updated to latest firmware but still unsopprted text messages. i guess im sol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akneipp View Post
I got it working in my Focus with MFT.

You need to do a clean pairing for both devices. Make sure you delete the phone out of your car and delete your car out of your phone. Turn your car off for about 30 seconds and restart your phone after deleting each device. Go back through setup from the car and when you connect, you should have to set two approvals, one for accessing your messages and the other for access to your contacts. Obvivously, make sure the 'always allow' or 'never ask again' box is checked, so the approval sticks.