Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 40,486 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issue with batter life, root or not?

Tip us?

mahdi87_gh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question [Q] Issue with batter life, root or not?

Hi
I have an i9505 for a month and it's great.
the problem is if no wifi, Bluetooth, gps and ... ON, I have around 15% battery drain from 12:00 am to 7:00 am.
I had an Htc before and it was dual core 1.5 Ghz and it's at night battery drain was around 3%.

the only thing which is annoying is this. I already turned off most of the Samsung programs but no difference.
I don't know what to do? If I root my device and use a custom ROM would be any difference?

RubbaBand
Old
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
yes trying a different Rom may solve the problem
but always before flashing any custom Rom do Nandroid
Device : GT-I9500
ROM(s) : Stock 4.4.2
CyanogenMod11
Crash Rom
@The Same Device

IF You Do Like My Work Please Consider A Small Donation
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubbaBand For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3810
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahdi87_gh View Post
Hi
I have an i9505 for a month and it's great.
the problem is if no wifi, Bluetooth, gps and ... ON, I have around 15% battery drain from 12:00 am to 7:00 am.
I had an Htc before and it was dual core 1.5 Ghz and it's at night battery drain was around 3%.

the only thing which is annoying is this. I already turned off most of the Samsung programs but no difference.
I don't know what to do? If I root my device and use a custom ROM would be any difference?
Look at the links in my signature about insanely better battery life when idle. Consider those options to assist you. Make sure you read the first post of the thread thoroughly because there are some tradeoffs.

But you can drop that 15% drain in 7 hours of idle time to 1 or 2%
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
Tags
battery, i9505