How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] root Verizon Razr XT912 Version: 98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US

OP kamsudnya

11th January 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I need some help, I have been trying to root my Verizon Razr XT912 running Device Software Version: 98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US with the only tool I can find to use on DROID_RAZR_Utility_Jellybean_XT912_WinMacLin
Can anyone guide me in the right direction? thanks
11th January 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

14 posts
More
Did you extract tool to desktop and then open it? It will give you all the instructions you need. Make sure you have USB debugging on too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDV_72mPt4k

http://droidrazrroot.com/droid-razr-...on-droid-razr/

There are two links that might be helpful to you. Hope it helps.
22nd January 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #3  

19 posts
I lost root upon this last Verizon upgrade to 98.72.165. I think it was 98.72.16 before this weekend's update. I am going to try and go back to the original JB (98.72.16), enable root and hopefully find some type of rootkeeper utility that will stop this craziness. I can keep you posted if this works as I don't know what else to do. I use the Tasker application and most of my tasks are not functioning.
22nd January 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #4  

19 posts
Everything worked well. I was able to reinstall the 98.72.16 image and then I applied root. So, I am back at the point before the upgrade of the software. I have root back and just completed a full titatium backup. Now, I need to figure out what others are using to keep root enabled so when a software update is applied I do not lose root. Anyone who can suggest what they use would be helpful.

To the first person who posted, I may be able to walk you through what I did and we can then learn what others are doing to keep root together.
Last edited by mwyarm; 22nd January 2014 at 01:30 AM.
10th February 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #5  

3 posts
98.72.165.en.US version
I am rooted. Haven't changed from the Moto/Verizon JellyBean update (4.1.2) but have deleted a lot of the programs I don't like or use. When I've tried to let the 98.72.165.en install it starts, then the Droid animation goes "belly up" with a "!"

I know others with root have installed it and I wouldn't mind having the update since I do travel within Canada about once a year. But, if I can't get it to install, then how do I tell the updated I don't want this? It's getting a bit tiresome to tell the installer "Not Now" every twelve hours.
21st February 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #6  

3 posts
Anybody have an answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlpage

I am rooted. Haven't changed from the Moto/Verizon JellyBean update (4.1.2) but have deleted a lot of the programs I don't like or use. When I've tried to let the 98.72.165.en install it starts, then the Droid animation goes "belly up" with a "!"

I know others with root have installed it and I wouldn't mind having the update since I do travel within Canada about once a year. But, if I can't get it to install, then how do I tell the updated I don't want this? It's getting a bit tiresome to tell the installer "Not Now" every twelve hours.

10th May 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #7  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwyarm

Everything worked well. I was able to reinstall the 98.72.16 image and then I applied root. So, I am back at the point before the upgrade of the software. I have root back and just completed a full titatium backup. Now, I need to figure out what others are using to keep root enabled so when a software update is applied I do not lose root. Anyone who can suggest what they use would be helpful.

To the first person who posted, I may be able to walk you through what I did and we can then learn what others are doing to keep root together.

How did you go back to 98.72.16?
Can you show me the steps please?
28th May 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

39 posts
I was able to successfully root my phone after the update without a re-flashing or a wipe with Matt's Utility.

I followed the instruction in the link below. However, once I put the phone into BP Only mode, nothing happened. I let it sit there for about 5 minutes, then rebooted it normally and finished the exploit. It rooted the phone just fine.

http://mobility.forumsee.com/a/m/s/p...r-ota-165.html

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread