Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,741 Members 47,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Storage capacity?

Tip us?

j-skeelz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Question [Q] Storage capacity?

Ok, so i bought a New Nexus 7 2013 with 16gb of storage. Does the storage capacity affect the whole performance of the tablet in anyway? It sucks that it doesnt have a micro sd card slot. I have a 16gb sd card on my phone i was thinking to use it on the Nexus but sadly it doesnt work that way. Im worried coz i know it isnt really 16gb , mostly when they say 16 / 32 / 8 etc , its not the absolute amount so if 16 then i would say the available is only 14gb plus the bloatware (if it has) then then ill say the only user available is 12 or 10? And does the 16gb differ from the 32gb one besides the user available storage? I hope not. Thank you in advance to the one that will answer each of my questions informatively. Cheers.

P.S We are talking about Asus Google Nexus 7 2013 (2nd Gen) 16gb WiFi Only.

rap3rman
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-skeelz View Post
Ok, so i bought a New Nexus 7 2013 with 16gb of storage. Does the storage capacity affect the whole performance of the tablet in anyway? It sucks that it doesnt have a micro sd card slot. I have a 16gb sd card on my phone i was thinking to use it on the Nexus but sadly it doesnt work that way. Im worried coz i know it isnt really 16gb , mostly when they say 16 / 32 / 8 etc , its not the absolute amount so if 16 then i would say the available is only 14gb plus the bloatware (if it has) then then ill say the only user available is 12 or 10? And does the 16gb differ from the 32gb one besides the user available storage? I hope not. Thank you in advance to the one that will answer each of my questions informatively. Cheers.

P.S We are talking about Asus Google Nexus 7 2013 (2nd Gen) 16gb WiFi Only.
Its an average 11.5 gb free
The 16gb and 32gb have the exact same hardware
Android Geek

THEBANDIT420
Old
Thanks Meter 99
When your storage gets full your I/O speeds do slow down i try to have at least 2gb free at anyone time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to THEBANDIT420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

j-skeelz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBANDIT420 View Post
When your storage gets full your I/O speeds do slow down i try to have at least 2gb free at anyone time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
Have you experienced that type of situation?
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S Advance | GT-i9070
-Firmware: I9070DDULP8 [India]
-ROM: HarshJelly v5.0
-Kernel: CoCore E-7.0 with CWM (AOSP)
-MODs: No MODs at the Moment

Asus Google Nexus 7 2013
-Firmware: Stock
-ROM: None
-Kernel: Stock
-MODs: No MODs

If I helped YOU in ANYWAY.
Please don't forget to click this ''THANKS'' button.
It also applies if you have liked what i said.

madbat99
Old
(Last edited by madbat99; 25th May 2014 at 08:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Other than storage, 16 and 32 GB model are identical. The operating system takes around 5gb I think. As far as bloat,... Its a nexus, it has no bloat. Only Google and aosp apps. No SD slot because Google is trying to push us to cloud storage. You can always use a USB otg and thumb drive. I also saw a micro SD card reader that plugs right in to the micro USB port.

briannaharbor
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Other than the storage, they should be the same. And sorry bout the sd card. Sux, bro :*
Tags
16gb, asus, google, nexus 7 (2013), wifi only