Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 41,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Illumination Bar ideas for Apps/Mods

Tip us?

donk165
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Default Illumination Bar ideas for Apps/Mods

I have had a few ideas on how the illumination bar could be used in some apps for our phone.

Idea 1. Bar lights up in response to button presses on the navigation bar, have a slow fade/pulse as the buttons are pressed and have a glowing pulse if the Google button is brought up and pressed. This could be extended so whenever the screen is touched, the LEDs on the bar light up and follow the finger movements along the screen when on the homescreen or launcher.

Idea 2. An app to link the color detection from Walkman app to other music players with color effects like Poweramp, even if it just used the existing glow effects in Poweramp and just matched the colors to the LED's. I just want to have light effects without having to open up U-Disco and set it up each time I listen to music.

If anyone wants to try these, go for it

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Device: Sony Xperia SP C5303 - Locked Bootloader
Click Thanks if my post helped

dipesh1502
Old
Thanks Meter 3231

DONATE TO ME
I like idea 1:P

If You Like My Work Please Consider A Small Donation

For Donating Click Here

please do the following:
Sign in to your PayPal account page
Go to 'Send Payment'
Enter my email id "dipesh.febrius@gmail.com"
option "Personal payment" doesn't work for India, please set "Online purchases". and check Goods or Service (preferably service)
Make the payment of the desired amount of donation you want to send.
Thank you for your kind donations!

elaff
Old
Thanks Meter 4
+1

Enviado desde mi C5303 mediante Tapatalk

v9d4.amir
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Nice I like this idea

mrjraider
Old
Thanks Meter 1986
Both ideas looks nice but I am not sure if it's possible. Root and perhaps deodex are needed to even begin creating a script for these two ideas..
Yaay . Two year member!
Device sent away for repairs to my USB Connector Will be back in two weeks!

I do not respond on techmail via the PM! Esspecially questions that can be found on the forum! Use search!

MagicMagicD
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjraider View Post
Both ideas looks nice but I am not sure if it's possible. Root and perhaps deodex are needed to even begin creating a script for these two ideas..
It looks like you can use an AccessibilityService to receive notification about gestures and key events (including the home, back, etc. keys). That said, accessibility services do have the caveat that only the first to register for a given type of event is notified, so if someone had a screen reader for example, it may not work, or worse still, it may stop the screen reader from working.

As for making other apps use the illumination bar, the API is public so any developers can add functionality to their app to use it. Also, open source apps or those with plugin interfaces could potentially be extended to add the functionality...

ck_chaka
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks very much