Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Illumination Bar ideas for Apps/Mods

OP donk165

27th May 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 87

395 posts
More
I have had a few ideas on how the illumination bar could be used in some apps for our phone.

Idea 1. Bar lights up in response to button presses on the navigation bar, have a slow fade/pulse as the buttons are pressed and have a glowing pulse if the Google button is brought up and pressed. This could be extended so whenever the screen is touched, the LEDs on the bar light up and follow the finger movements along the screen when on the homescreen or launcher.

Idea 2. An app to link the color detection from Walkman app to other music players with color effects like Poweramp, even if it just used the existing glow effects in Poweramp and just matched the colors to the LED's. I just want to have light effects without having to open up U-Disco and set it up each time I listen to music.

If anyone wants to try these, go for it

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th May 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag MUMbai
Thanks Meter: 3,714

2,365 posts
Donate to Me
More
I like idea 1:P
27th May 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

56 posts
+1

Enviado desde mi C5303 mediante Tapatalk
27th May 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Nice I like this idea
27th May 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2,155

4,298 posts
Both ideas looks nice but I am not sure if it's possible. Root and perhaps deodex are needed to even begin creating a script for these two ideas..
27th May 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 36

79 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjraider

Both ideas looks nice but I am not sure if it's possible. Root and perhaps deodex are needed to even begin creating a script for these two ideas..

It looks like you can use an AccessibilityService to receive notification about gestures and key events (including the home, back, etc. keys). That said, accessibility services do have the caveat that only the first to register for a given type of event is notified, so if someone had a screen reader for example, it may not work, or worse still, it may stop the screen reader from working.

As for making other apps use the illumination bar, the API is public so any developers can add functionality to their app to use it. Also, open source apps or those with plugin interfaces could potentially be extended to add the functionality...
28th May 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
thanks very much

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Xperia SP General by ThreadRank