Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,721 Members 39,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Knock code problem w/video

Tip us?

stilkus
Old
(Last edited by stilkus; 28th May 2014 at 02:54 PM.) Reason: I just keep forgetting things
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Knock code problem w/video

Hi,
My problem here is the screen registers only the double tap when off. it never registers the code and the only way to do so is to punch it at the lock screen ?? any Ideas ?
I am running german rom D80220d and my phone is contract free and rooted by autorec .

Here's the video link I forgot to add : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie9RhSXVKpU

Eminemiero
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I think you'll have to flash a kerner update that is on this forum, but wait till someone with more experience reply your thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Eminemiero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stilkus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminemiero View Post
I think you'll have to flash a kerner update that is on this forum, but wait till someone with more experience reply your thread
I am not sure if it's a kernel problem since the screen registers the knocks when off but doesn't recognize the code ??!!

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilkus View Post
Hi,
My problem here is the screen registers only the double tap when off. it never registers the code and the only way to do so is to punch it at the lock screen ?? any Ideas ?
I am running german rom D80220d and my phone is contract free and rooted by autorec .

Here's the video link I forgot to add : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie9RhSXVKpU
you can try going to hidden menu and updating touch firmware(go to dialer and enter 3845#*802# a menu will pop up, inside this menu look for settings>update touch firmware and wait for about 10 seconds) if it doesn't change anything than try a custom kernel with knock code support

stilkus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
you can try going to hidden menu and updating touch firmware(go to dialer and enter 3845#*802# a menu will pop up, inside this menu look for settings>update touch firmware and wait for about 10 seconds) if it doesn't change anything than try a custom kernel with knock code support
I tried this before and it didn't help.
Could you recommend a knock kernel for my kitkat D80220d ?

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilkus View Post
I tried this before and it didn't help.
Could you recommend a knock kernel for my kitkat D80220d ?
I would say a good choice is dorimanx kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stilkus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
I would say a good choice is dorimanx kernel
Worked like a Charm