Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Knock code problem w/video

OP stilkus

28th May 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

45 posts
Hi,
My problem here is the screen registers only the double tap when off. it never registers the code and the only way to do so is to punch it at the lock screen ?? any Ideas ?
I am running german rom D80220d and my phone is contract free and rooted by autorec .

Here's the video link I forgot to add : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie9RhSXVKpU
Last edited by stilkus; 28th May 2014 at 03:54 PM. Reason: I just keep forgetting things
28th May 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

78 posts
More
Smile
I think you'll have to flash a kerner update that is on this forum, but wait till someone with more experience reply your thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Eminemiero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminemiero

I think you'll have to flash a kerner update that is on this forum, but wait till someone with more experience reply your thread

I am not sure if it's a kernel problem since the screen registers the knocks when off but doesn't recognize the code ??!!
28th May 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,510

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilkus

Hi,
My problem here is the screen registers only the double tap when off. it never registers the code and the only way to do so is to punch it at the lock screen ?? any Ideas ?
I am running german rom D80220d and my phone is contract free and rooted by autorec .

Here's the video link I forgot to add : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie9RhSXVKpU

you can try going to hidden menu and updating touch firmware(go to dialer and enter 3845#*802# a menu will pop up, inside this menu look for settings>update touch firmware and wait for about 10 seconds) if it doesn't change anything than try a custom kernel with knock code support
28th May 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

you can try going to hidden menu and updating touch firmware(go to dialer and enter 3845#*802# a menu will pop up, inside this menu look for settings>update touch firmware and wait for about 10 seconds) if it doesn't change anything than try a custom kernel with knock code support

I tried this before and it didn't help.
Could you recommend a knock kernel for my kitkat D80220d ?
28th May 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,510

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilkus

I tried this before and it didn't help.
Could you recommend a knock kernel for my kitkat D80220d ?

I would say a good choice is dorimanx kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

I would say a good choice is dorimanx kernel

Worked like a Charm

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread