Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with rooting

Tip us?

moises319
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Help with rooting

Hey guys, so I'm trying to root my phone but I can't vet it going. I was able to unlock my boot loader using flashtool, so I know my computer has the proper drivers and what not.

The issue happens when I try to flash the kernel and recovery. I plug my phone, start the fastboot flash boot boot.img but then it gets stuck on "waiting for device."

Does any one have any tips or maybe has an idea on how to get this **** to work? THANKS!!

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zxz0O0
Old
Thanks Meter 1,219

DONATE TO ME
Are you actually booting your phone in fastboot mode? Do you have the fastboot drivers installed?

Open flashtool and then connect your phone in fastboot mode. Post screenshot here.

moises319
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0 View Post
Are you actually booting your phone in fastboot mode? Do you have the fastboot drivers installed?

Open flashtool and then connect your phone in fastboot mode. Post screenshot here.
Thanks for your reply dude. I have attached a screenshot of what shows. Its being detected correctly, but for some reason its not responding. Im assuming i have the fastboot drivers installed because i installed the drivers from the android sdk and i was about to unlock the bootloader using flashtool. thanks again for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	2766509  

coolkoushik07
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by moises319 View Post
Thanks for your reply dude. I have attached a screenshot of what shows. Its being detected correctly, but for some reason its not responding. Im assuming i have the fastboot drivers installed because i installed the drivers from the android sdk and i was about to unlock the bootloader using flashtool. thanks again for the help!
Did u put boot.img file in the same directory from where u launch faatboot command?

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)
Press thank if I helped you

Model: D5503 Xperia Z1 Compact, GT-I8552 Grand Quattro, GT-I9500 Galaxy S4(Returned to store after using 20 days)

moises319
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkoushik07 View Post
Did u put boot.img file in the same directory from where u launch faatboot command?

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)
yeah, i had it in there. The great news is thati was bale to root it by adding "AdbWinUsbApi.dll" to the folder. Thanks again for the help!