I need to either fix my phone or make sure it's damn good and dead

OP elite001mm

28th May 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
More
If you dont want to read my boring story of breaking my phone, skip to the two dotted lines your expertise is appreciated
-
Ok, so i have a problem. Today i was screwing around with a project of mine (a portable boombox thing) for this project i needed a subwoofer. I hit up the local thrift store and BAM. New subwoofer. I plugged my phone into it just to see if the speaker driver worked. Plug into headphone jack=immediate reboot. Once it booted back up, i tried again to get it to play, but to no avail. It seemed to not recognise that the speaker (or headphones) were plugged in at all and proceded to play through the phone speaker. I unplug and plug the 3.5mm jack back in. And thats where the s**t hit the fan. The display flashed a pure blue screen (no words, just a pure blue screen) for around a second, and then my beloved G2 met its shocking end from an electrified audio jack. So sad,so sad.

-----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
Long story short, i killed my phone with a short in the audio jack (i guess), and im sending it in to verizon for warranty replacement. Normally this wouldnt be a problem and everything would be fixed by big red and everyone lives happily ever after but its never that simple for us tweakers..

/\The device will NOT power on whatsoever
/\Cant access download mode
/\Cant get into recovery
/\Cant get it to do a dang thing, not even vibrate

Tried vol- and power for up to a minute
Tried the three finger salute vol-,vol+,power
Even tried vol+,power but i dont think thats supposed to do anything anyways..
Tried vol+ while plugging in the usb (original cable)

---
---

So is there anything that i am missing?
Obviously i was not able to flash back to stock before returning it, and i want to make sure im not slapped in the face with that $299 (software tampering) charge from the ever wonderful big red -_-

It seems to be a complete brick but i wanted to consult people of greater knowlege than myself.
28th May 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 1,342

4,852 posts
More
If there is no power coming from the device, I think you should be ok. I think you might of fried the motherboard. If so there should be no problem with them replacing it since they themselves cannot power up the phone and see that it's rooted.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread