Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 53,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] BIONZ work after relock the bootloader?

Tip us?

albertmed98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] BIONZ work after relock the bootloader?

Hi guys!

I've read several threads about loosing the BIONZ after unlocking the bootloader. Some say it depends on DRM, some say it has nothing to do with. It's possible to regain it after relocking the BL?

What is truth about this?

sruba209
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Unlocking bootloader makes no change to software...just make sure u have a TA backup....

Sent from my C6902

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1083

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sruba209 View Post
Unlocking bootloader makes no change to software...just make sure u have a TA backup....

Sent from my C6902
Actually it does make a lot of changes to the software. Just take a look at the stock rom logcat straight after booting. There's a check if bl is unlocked and if it is then it wipes some stuff.
TA backup is very important before unlocking it so u can go back to LB and send your phone in for a warranty. I can't tell what's up with the bionz as I've unlocked my BL and then restored it, but the camera doesn't seem to be as good as it was. That might be caused by 4.4 firmware though. Can't tell for sure.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014

bihslk
Old
Thanks Meter 220
I unlocked mine BL and mine Track ID still works? How come?

Skickat från min C6903 via Tapatalk
Just trying to help if i can...

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bihslk View Post

I unlocked and Track ID working like always. Do you want a vid?
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

bihslk
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Woot? I just say that track id works even without DRM. And its not market downloaded

hxq88
Old
Thanks Meter 55
some unlock bootloader guys confirm track ID work but they cant use update music info feature in walkman app, x-reality stop working, picture quality lower than lockbootloader
( im not sure, just read from google, should we make a thread to vote and confirm what feature stop working after unlock bootloader ?)

Jonas740
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I can say it like this then.

I unlocked lost drm keys forever. I relocked my phone using flashtool. Drm keys still not there according to what we know.

But all the functions you mention works. I've compared pictures with ones that comes from a locked bl with never was unlocked. They are the same quality. The other functions you mention works aswell.

And remember now, I don't have any drm keys. But I have relocked bl. I unlocked last night again. And I actually checked these things just to see and guess what. They all still worked.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app
Xperia Z1 - Stock kernel - .761 - Locked Bootloader
Xperia V - New display and working like a charm.

bihslk
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas740 View Post
I can say it like this then.

I unlocked lost drm keys forever. I relocked my phone using flashtool. Drm keys still not there according to what we know.

But all the functions you mention works. I've compared pictures with ones that comes from a locked bl with never was unlocked. They are the same quality. The other functions you mention works aswell.

And remember now, I don't have any drm keys. But I have relocked bl. I unlocked last night again. And I actually checked these things just to see and guess what. They all still worked.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

Even Music info in Walkman works well. All these settings works without problem

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
That is your statement.

Quote:
Woot? I just say that track id works even without DRM. And its not market downloaded
As you put a Question Mark, I supposed you was asking and not confirming..
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4