Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,516 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 rom issues almost all of them

Tip us?

SO_dank
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default S4 rom issues almost all of them

So Ive noticed on almost every newer rom ive flashed Ive had the following issues.. GPS.. TXT message over wifi,.. group txt and reboots.. is it my phone or is this just an issue with the leaked firmware??

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by SO_dank View Post
So Ive noticed on almost every newer rom ive flashed Ive had the following issues.. GPS.. TXT message over wifi,.. group txt and reboots.. is it my phone or is this just an issue with the leaked firmware??
my wife's S4 is stock kitkat and she has had no such issues with it since we did the OTA
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
May be a good idea to just hop into Odin and use a no wipe file. Start fresh and see how it plays out. Use the NC5 one since your still on the leak and really no huge benefit of staying on it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SO_dank
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
So one suggestion go stock lose root.. Another drop mdk there is no point in keeping mdk???? I have to have this phone for another year and a half.. You really think I should leave my fate in Samsung hands or lose ask with the possibility of having any rom made??

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So one suggestion go stock lose root.. Another drop mdk there is no point in keeping mdk???? I have to have this phone for another year and a half.. You really think I should leave my fate in Samsung hands or lose ask with the possibility of having any rom made??
I'm sorry I must have missed the part where you said you had an MDK phone. Don't use any other Odin files than the MDK ones then. You don't want to lose that bootloader if you can help it.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Why don't you try loading up a ROM like C ROM or Liquid Smooth and also KToonsez kernel and see if you have better luck before using Odin

SO_dank
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
I didn't say I had mdk probably should have huh..lol
I've been looking for a full wipe mdk Odin ... was gonna full wipe reboot and try as op see how it holds up. The only Rom I've never had a problem with was bonestock... But I want kitkats latest